Big 10 Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 10 Notes

As someone who lives in Michigan and covers the Big Ten closely, a few notes for you all

Michigan has been overrated all year, and i've been saying that. Betting big spreads in Michigan's favor is never a good idea. Also, taking them on the road is something you shouldn't do either. Going with a moneyline or betting against them seems to work.

Minnesota has lost it completely, I would avoid them for the rest of the year.

Michigan state is really hot right now, take them and make some money. I'd take the MSU moneyline on Tuesday against Indiana if you really want to bank. State never loses at home.

Illinois has been up and down. Taking them in low spread situations is better than taking them in big spreads. If they're favored big avoid them

Penn State. Penn state has yet to win a big ten game, but they have been beating spreads. They're going to be huge underdogs is almost every game they play, take Penn State. They most likely won't win, but they should beat spreads.

Ohio State is overrated and is 1-7 vs ranked opponents. I'd stay away from them, but you could make some money on them when they're at home against sub-par opponents, especially if the spread is not over 6 or 7

Wisconsin is almost a sure thing when it comes to beating/covering. They beat Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State, and played Michigan State tough earlier this year. They're in almost every game they play

Iowa is sort of like Wisconsin except they're not winning as much. They're in almost every game they play and they're a tough team. Taking them to cover big spreads is a pretty solid play.

Any comments? Feel free to discuss

The thing that really kills me about the BIG 10 is the style

I like Michigan because they play a little more UP TEMPO. It's a more MODERN style.

Ohio St besides Deshaun has no other option..Craft can't score, Sam is just a high riser .. This team will get dumped in the first round of big dance IMO

Michigan St looked really good against Michigan .. They may be just a little better than INDIANA because of Appling (IMO) ...

Wisconsin - NO WAY. I'm not a fan of them and I don't like playing them .. They are not aggressive on defense , they shoot too many threes and they struggle at times to make 3's .

I really think when it's all said and done that MICHIGAN will be the best team in March from this league ...

But it all depends on them playing defense and getting some production from their big guys.

Trey Burke is too good .. and once again I like Michigan's style ...They can score points in bunches .. Hardaway Jr can light it up ...

GIVE ME MICHIGAN .. I think they are the best team in the league and I think they are a final four team ...

MICHIGAN ST 2nd best team IMO

Then INDIANA....

The rest of the league:puke:....

The rest of the league is like the BIG EAST ..

You can scout Illinois to play Minnesota ..

The Big East is the same way..

You can scout Marquette to play Cincy .. You can scout Louisville to play Syracuse.

I have been really impressed with VCU lately .. A-10 .. GOOD LEAGUE..

League wise - I like this league the best. I'm not saying it's the best. But style wise.. You can't beat A-10
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
      I like Michigan because they play a little more UP TEMPO. It's a more MODERN style.

Ohio St besides Deshaun has no other option..Craft can't score, Sam is just a high riser .. This team will get dumped in the first round of big dance IMO

Michigan St looked really good against Michigan .. They may be just a little better than INDIANA because of Appling (IMO) ...

Wisconsin - NO WAY. I'm not a fan of them and I don't like playing them .. They are not aggressive on defense , they shoot too many threes and they struggle at times to make 3's .

I really think when it's all said and done that MICHIGAN will be the best team in March from this league ...

But it all depends on them playing defense and getting some production from their big guys.

Trey Burke is too good .. and once again I like Michigan's style ...They can score points in bunches .. Hardaway Jr can light it up ...

GIVE ME MICHIGAN .. I think they are the best team in the league and I think they are a final four team ...

MICHIGAN ST 2nd best team IMO

Then INDIANA....

The rest of the league:puke:....

The rest of the league is like the BIG EAST ..

You can scout Illinois to play Minnesota ..

The Big East is the same way..

You can scout Marquette to play Cincy .. You can scout Louisville to play Syracuse.

I have been really impressed with VCU lately .. A-10 .. GOOD LEAGUE..

League wise - I like this league the best. I'm not saying it's the best. But style wise.. You can't beat A-10

Michigan is not the best team in this league, they've done nothing to prove it. I'm a big ten guy, i watch and follow the big ten every day. Michigan will finish 4th in the league because they can't win big games. They wont go far in march book it. Trust me on that one. And sorry you don't like defensive tough nosed basketball, I do. Seems like you're a fan who just watches basketball to see points. That's not what the game is about. I like toughness and physicality.

Comment

Also, MIchigan has no big man that can compete with Nix/Payne of MSU. Zeller of Indiana, Berggren of Wisconsin, and Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State. They lack an inside game.

Comment

Let the games begin

That's the name of the game .. SCORE POINTS.

Just my opinion ...

That's all.... ... I prefer UP TEMPO ...... I like to see teams PRESS ... If your going to shoot a lot of three's you better have an inside presence for those nights the 3 ball is not falling.

I'm a Big East guy ... But I don't think the conference is all that ....

Here is why .. EACH TEAM IS VERY SIMILAR ... Tough nosed, good rebounding, use a lot of shot clock....

Florida is a great pick to win the whole thing.. A good INSIDE / OUTSIDE balanced team ....

Your certainly right about me , I like to see teams score points ... I'm no fan of the BIG TEN .... But they do have 3 teams who can win it all this year .. And it's just my opinion but I think Michigan is going to go the furthest.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by Amuna1225 View Post
            Also, MIchigan has no big man that can compete with Nix/Payne of MSU. Zeller of Indiana, Berggren of Wisconsin, and Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State. They lack an inside game.
            That's exactly what I said up top .. IF , they get some production from their big guys and play some defense.

Take it easy bro ..

This is an OPINION thread right ?

or is it a PROVE YOU WRONG thread ?

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
              That's exactly what I said up top .. IF , they get some production from their big guys and play some defense.

Take it easy bro ..

This is an OPINION thread right ?

or is it a PROVE YOU WRONG thread ?
              In my nature to argue, that's what working in sports radio does to you. :laughing:

Michigan will fall in the 2nd/3rd round depending on the matchup. Young inexperienced freshman + no inside game = no way they get past the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Amuna1225 View Post
                In my nature to argue, that's what working in sports radio does to you. :laughing:

Michigan will fall in the 2nd/3rd round depending on the matchup. Young inexperienced freshman + no inside game = no way they get past the 3rd round.
                Michigan was very impressive early ...

It doesn't get much more impressive than wins over Pitt, Kansas St, and NC St in non conference...

You like Wisconsin better than Michigan? I don't see it . But I will certainly keep an eye on WISCY from here on out ....

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Hey Amuna,

So because you follow and watch the big 10 everyday you know more than everyone else? Guess what the Big 10 games are on a lot and OTHER people might know some things about those teams as well.. There is a big 10 network and lots of people watch the big 10 all the time. You being a big 10 guy doesnt really mean anything is my point i guess.

I just think you are coming off bit cocky here like bunk or anyone else doesnt know anything about the big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                    Hey Amuna,

So because you follow and watch the big 10 everyday you know more than everyone else? Guess what the Big 10 games are on a lot and OTHER people might know some things about those teams as well.. There is a big 10 network and lots of people watch the big 10 all the time. You being a big 10 guy doesnt really mean anything is my point i guess.

I just think you are coming off bit cocky here like bunk or anyone else doesnt know anything about the big 10.
                    I'm not saying I know more nor did I ever say I know everything. We were arguing using critical thinking and analysis. I was not aware there was anything wrong with that. Was not trying to sound cocky at all, I just don't think Michigan is all that. They beat a bunch of overrated teams in the non-conference schedule and the only top big ten team they've beat in Ohio State, who is 1-7 vs ranked opponents.

Comment

I just had to come back to this thread

MICHIGAN :thumbs::thumbs:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG TEN :beerbang:

love the big 10 fans .. just love them ..:thumbs:

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

GO GET HIM BUNKSTER

GO BIG BLUE

MICHIGAN IS TWICE THE TEAM IN THE BIG 10 WISKY WHO?????????:laughing::laughing::laughing::laug

Comment

Working...
                        X