Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching Decisions/Officiating Observations..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Decisions/Officiating Observations..

Watched over 10 hours of football yesterday. Really enjoyed some good games and exciting finishes. However, would like to comment and hopefully receive some feedback on a few things. First, could someone explain "targeting"? I know what it is supposed to be, but the PSU dback gets ejected (it wasnt targeting) and the UCLA dback gets no call. wtf? He blatantly speared him in the head and then the ground caused a fumble. Those refs are either crooked or blind. As for some of the coaching decisions....OMG. Jim Grobe of Baylor went for 4th and 1/2 yard on his OWN 25 yd. line leading late 3rd qtr. wtf?? Brett Bielema play calling on the goal line (twice) was abysmal. And i dont care that Stanford won....David Shaw is sooooo conservative its painful. Twice late in game, he punts 0n 4th and less than 1. Does he know who is in his backfield?? Anyone else see these head scratchers?

Zzzzzzz, I saw the Penn State dibacle as well.....along with two blatant holding calls that were not called along with a no-call on a pass interference! Puts me in the mind of when Lloyd Carr was coaching Michigan and Penn State best them in the last seconds on an incomplete pass in the end zone. Carr complained and the refs put 1 second back on the clock and Michigan scored and won the game. I never expect to get a call on the road, especially up north.

I saw Bielema blow the first half on two straight power plays up the middle on the goal line, when he has great outside speed and was shredding the Aggies in the first half. And, I did see the UCLA dback get a pass and his hit was pretty severe....not as bad as Jack Tatum on Darryl Stingley but pretty bad. That call is so subjective I think some officials err on the side of caution while others. Why don't they have one person, office in Chicago making those decisions on replay instead of different guys at each stadium.....even Mike Perera tweeted that the Penn State play was not targeting....

I watched so much bad football yesterday that my head is spinning! Does Grobe think Baylor is the explosive Baylor of old, and is Bielema or his OC that bad!? And Shaw, he must be a percentage player...
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Pretty much agree on all the points so far. I will say it is my opinion that the ucla player hit the Stanford guy with his face mask not the "crown of the helmet" as the rule states. I always thought a crown goes on the top of the head so to me a targeting penalty means the defenders head is down.

How about helfich at Oregon, up until this last week he kept going for two for no reason thinking he needed to carry on the chip jelly tradition or something. He costs his team the game last week by going for two, then he kicks all the extra points this week and still loses LOL. I'm sure he will be back to the 2 pointers next game.

Comment

JoePa, the lloyd carr game is a bad memory for me. Thanks for bringing that up. lol. Dawes, good catch on the oregon douche bag coach. hes awful.

Comment

Mark Helfrich is like a rich kid that was handed everything on a silver platter and didn't know what to do with it. He is a poor evaluator of talent, runs the wrong plays at the wrong time and is ridiculously overrated. What the Ducks need to do is bring back Chip Kelly whose game is more suited for college. It'll probably never happen though because it makes too much sense.

Comment

Working...
          X