Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WILLI WONKA and CUSEFAN present to first annual...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in for $20...

First round goes from mon-th
    Second round fri-sun
    etc..etc...etc.

must play Min 7 games per round...against the spread.

We could start Monday 03/05
    if we don't have 64 we give first round bye's
    Last edited by Silver & Black; 03-01-2007, 03:49 PM.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

for the March Madness Tourney, How about points based on the Seed of the team that wins. ex - #1 beats #4, and you had #1, you get 1 point. on the flip side, #4 beats #1 and you have #4, you get 4 points.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

I'm in for $20 if someone comes up with a solid idea. No need for Kevin to pay for anything.

WILLI - Did you post the results or are you still tweaking it?

Comment

OK, first of all, we'd need 64 participants, just like the NCAA Tourney. That probably shouldn't be too difficult considering we have way more members than that already, and most of us were already active posters at the other joint.

I suppose registration would be on a first come serve basis until we get to 64, since for the idea to work, we would need exactly 64 people.

As for the format...

It would work just like the March Madness tourney, with everyone receiving a seed in one of the 4 brackets. Names could be drawn randomly for seeds and "regions", it could be computer generated, or whatever.

You would pick every game on the card that ROUND (not day, since not every team plays every day) and so would your opponent. The one with the most correct selections (ATS) moves on to the next round. So you would be making all 32 picks in the first ROUND, and if you beat your opponent, you move on.

This would continue in every round until some is the champion.

Obviously we would need to use a tie-breaker once we get to maybe the elite 8. We could either pick both sides and totals at that point (to make more plays and a tie less likely), OR just do the old standard "whoever comes closest to the total" on a certain game, which would be specified in advance and everyone in that round would use the same game for their totals tiebreaker. Wouldn't be fair if we had people taking a guess at 4 different games.

IMO, the fun of this is that if you go say 12-20, but your opponent does worse, you still get to move on....just as if you were actually in the tourney and your opposition had a bad game as well, and you managed to do enough to win.

On the other hand, you could go 26-6 and LOSE to a guy who goes 27-5....same way with in the tourney. You may meet the hot team (or handicapper) in this case, and even though you play (handicap) great, there was just nothing you could do to come out the winner on that given day.

Well, this is my idea. I think it would be fun, and I doubt there are any other contests out there like it....and like i said, I'll post the lines and grade the plays if there are enough interested players....weather it's just for fun, or if there are actually prizes involved.

If there are enough who like this idea, and Kevin gives the OK, I'll open a thread for registration a little later this afternoon, along with writing up some "official" rules.
          Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 03-01-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I personally like it, but I also like the idea of using Willi and Cuse's seedings

Comment

I think that's a pretty neat format Stif if enough people join up.

Just like in fantasy football... I have more points than everyone else but still lose every week because the guy I play has more than me!

Comment

Count me in.....this is totally awesome! What start men....:cool:
                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Stiff...that's a great idea!

And I have no problem taking the seed I got in cuse and willi's bracket...I'll just have to take on Hofin and his Nuts in the 2nd round and then beat X....;)

Comment

I am in....though was not seeded in the previous brackets....dont worry I dont feel slighted Willie!:p

Comment

What we could do

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                      Count me in.....this is totally awesome! What start men....:cool:

Is have some sort of prelims to determine seedings for the real tourney..

Say using the conference tourneys for prelims .. Just a suggestion ....
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                        Stiff...that's a great idea!

And I have no problem taking the seed I got in cuse and willi's bracket...I'll just have to take on Hofin and his Nuts in the 2nd round and then beat X....;)
                        That is true IF you happen to beat me in the first round :p
                        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                          Obviously we would need to use a tie-breaker once we get to maybe the elite 8. We could either pick both sides and totals at that point (to make more plays and a tie less likely), OR just do the old standard "whoever comes closest to the total" on a certain game, which would be specified in advance and everyone in that round would use the same game for their totals tiebreaker. Wouldn't be fair if we had people taking a guess at 4 different games.
                          ly prizes involved.
                          How about starting with the Elite 8, each player has $1000 to wager on the round, with a min $100 play per game?

Comment

Yea that would be awsome guys..I love Stif's idea, count me in for $20 when we figure out what we are going to do.
                            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                              I am in....though was not seeded in the previous brackets....dont worry I dont feel slighted Willie!:p

Your my boy BO ...

Since you were banned i would have had to make you a 16 seed and i didn't want to do that .. Anyway i wanted to let you know that we kept the CAPPERS CHOICE going . and we renamed it RAPPERS DELIGHT ...

I'll post it up here in a minute for this evening .. GOOD TO SEE YA BUDDY
                              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                                That is true IF you happen to beat me in the first round :p
                                I was waiting for this reply...I noticed you thought you were gonna win in the 1st round, by your reply at the old place....think again my friend;)

Comment

Working...
                                X