No announcement yet.

birdsfan, bookiekilla, cusefan etc....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdsfan, bookiekilla, cusefan etc....

i was watching real sports last night on HBO they did a segment on horses being killed after they can't win anymore money for their trainer or are too slow. They showed tape of the horses being slaughtered by nail gun, one time they showed a guy knifing a horse in the spine to paralyze him, i was just wondering if any of you horse guys saw this piece and why exactly this is allowed to go on in this country, i mean the piece itself was very difficult to watch just seeing the way these horses were being slaughtered just because, they weren't winning any money for the owners anymore so their shipped off, i just found this piece to be very very disturbing and sickening, and why the racing industry is not forced by law to make sure if you don't want the horse anymore that it is adopted to someone where it can live the rest of its life happy
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

I'm relatively new to follow horse racing and still earning "the game", and definitely had no information on things like that. Maybe birdsfan can shed a little light on the subject, but that is sickening and disturbing. I was flipping through and saw there was a story on horse racing coming up, but I never flipped back to see it.

Sickening.

Comment

Horse slaughter is now illegal in the US, It was one of the big things the Jackson's tried to stop after Barbaro got hurt. They got the law passed to stop horse slaughter in the us, but the problem is now people are shipping them to Mexico and Canada. Right now many groups are trying to get a law passed to stop the export of horses for slaughter. IMO it is one of the sickest things and I would like to meet the people that do so I can kick the **** out of them.
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
        Horse slaughter is now illegal in the US, It was one of the big things the Jackson's tried to stop after Barbaro got hurt. They got the law passed to stop horse slaughter in the us, but the problem is now people are shipping them to Mexico and Canada. Right now many groups are trying to get a law passed to stop the export of horses for slaughter. IMO it is one of the sickest things and I would like to meet the people that do so I can kick the **** out of them.
        yeah they said that a bill was making its way through congress on real time they said that, id assume it would get passed, but how someone could stand there with a gun 10ft away and shoot a horse right in the head has no heart and it made me :puke: :puke:
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

was going to say pretty much was birdsfan said...horses being exported and being slaughtered elsewhere is a pretty big problem right now...and i agree..it's sickening..

Comment

My dogs don't mind it at all. :beer2:

Those horses get well taken care of, and it cost a ****load of money too! If they cant perform, then they are a burden$$$$.
            Send them to alpo! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post

Those horses get well taken care of, and it cost a ****load of money too! If they cant perform, then they are a burden$$$$.
              Send them to alpo! :thumbs:
              so shouldn't the ppl that slaughtering these horses should be in Leavenworth with Vick? or are dogs a little more important than horses:dunno: :eeek:

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                so shouldn't the ppl that slaughtering these horses should be in Leavenworth with Vick? or are dogs a little more important than horses:dunno: :eeek:

what the hell does Vicks abuse to dogs have to do with horse slaughter? :conf:

Humans eat horse meat, do they eat dogs? :beer2:

Comment

what the hell does Vicks abuse to dogs have to do with horse slaughter? :conf:
                  umm..they're both sickening and illegal....

Humans eat horse meat, do they eat dogs? :beer2:
                  what does eating horse meat or dog meat have to do with this argument:conf:
                  and where do you get horse meat?? don't think i know anyone that's ever eaten horsemeat, but I might not have been hanging with the right ppl...i guess there are ppl in all parts of the world that eat all kinds of animals....

btw...this was just meant to be a light hearted comparison....hopefully its turn into a heated debate like we had during the whole Vick debacle:beer2:

Comment

Slaughter- Kill for food. :thumbs:

French, Italians, Swiss, Japanese and Quebecois in Canada are horse meat aficionados and most of the 65,000 horses slaughtered in the country were shipped to Europe, Japan and to the province of Quebec.

The French appetite for horse meat dates from the Battle of Eylau in 1807, when the surgeon-in-chief of Napoleon’s Army, Baron Dominique-Jean Larry, advised the starving troops to eat the flesh of dead battlefield horses. The cavalry used breastplates as cooking pans. They also used whatever spices they could get their hands on. It continues today!

Horsemeat is lean, protein-rich, finely textured, bright red, firm, and more so horses are immune to BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy). Tough meat cuts must be cooked long enough to tenderise connective tissue (collagen), or marinated before cooking to ensure both flavour and tenderness.

English will not consume horsemeat. To them, horses are companions, not food, the way most of us think of dogs!

Yet Chinese and Korean eat dog meat and consider it a delicacy. One man’s protein is another man’s pet!

Today horsemeat at least in Quebec, particularly in Montreal is very popular. Butchers specializing in horsemeat are busier than ever due to the BSE fears spreading rapidly.

Horse butchers in Montreal sell minced meat, steaks, sausages, and brochettes. All claim horsemeat to be superior quality from a sanitary perspective.
                    In Europe, horse butchers are allowed to sell only horsemeat, as is the case in Quebec.

Americans will not touch horsemeat, and find it offensive to consume it.

I'm old school, grew up in a small town, we raised chickens, pigs, cows, and butchered our own. My original point was, it cost alot of money to keep a race horse, if they cant win, then they are worthless. What do you do with a race horse when it is washed up? Just like the activists with the overpopulation of deer, its wrong to slaughter them too? :beer2:

Comment

Germans eat horse meat as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X