No announcement yet.

Making $$$ on the Belmont

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all those that faded big brown.

Nice hits!

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how the odds are computed for a trifecta bet here, my math has got to be way off. I always thought that to find the number of permutations for choosing 3 horses out of 10 would be:

10! / (10 - 3)! = 720 different possible bets.

But the payoff for a 2 dollar trifecta was around 3,500. So why could you not just put 2 bucks down on every possible finish and win money?

Comment

Originally posted by MRAB54 View Post
        I'm trying to figure out how the odds are computed for a trifecta bet here, my math has got to be way off. I always thought that to find the number of permutations for choosing 3 horses out of 10 would be:

10! / (10 - 3)! = 720 different possible bets.

But the payoff for a 2 dollar trifecta was around 3,500. So why could you not just put 2 bucks down on every possible finish and win money?
        Because if a 38-1 longshot doesn't win then the payout isn't near as large. If BB won, it would have been much, much lower.

Trifecta money comes out of a pool, which is all the money bet on the trifecta. So the pool minus the track take divided by the # of winning tickets = the payout.

Comment

Ahh, yeah that makes sense. Haven't done a whole lot of horse betting. Not sure how I'll end up but I'm guessing close to even so not too bad :sm:

Comment

All I can say is WOW. BB wanted to run his ass off early and Kent held him back (rightly) and got/forced him to the outside eventually. Problem was IMHO, he got spooked being on the rail like that for the first time and never recovered. He's a horse with zero heart IMHO, and quit before he ever started. He was 6 wide half the race and had nothing whatsoever after getting spooked.

There will be all these people with conspiracy theories from the quarter crack, to his shoe slipping off, to him not having Winstrol off the first time and then racing to anything you can imagine.... The fact is IMHO is he got spooked down on the inside, never got comfortable, acted like a bitch, and quit on the race. He has no heart. $60 million for his offspring is comical at this point for a horse who got in a tight spot once in his life and folded like an accordion.

Interested to hear other people's opinions and congrats to those who faded him and banked!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              All I can say is WOW. BB wanted to run his ass off early and Kent held him back (rightly) and got/forced him to the outside eventually. Problem was IMHO, he got spooked being on the rail like that for the first time and never recovered. He's a horse with zero heart IMHO, and quit before he ever started. He was 6 wide half the race and had nothing whatsoever after getting spooked.

There will be all these people with conspiracy theories from the quarter crack, to his shoe slipping off, to him not having Winstrol off the first time and then racing to anything you can imagine.... The fact is IMHO is he got spooked down on the inside, never got comfortable, acted like a bitch, and quit on the race. He has no heart. $60 million for his offspring is comical at this point for a horse who got in a tight spot once in his life and folded like an accordion.

Interested to hear other people's opinions and congrats to those who faded him and banked!!! :thumbs:
              IMO he was not spooked by the rail he did not like eating dirt and got very rank then when Kent went to get him outside he hit the 8 horse which will take something out of the horse. But I still think the foot problem was way bigger then anyone knew I saw a pic of it and it was not that small
              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

When he took that dump in the ring, I thought I was in trouble(I will usually bet on the horse that takes a load off)
                1 thing I noticed before the race, he looked big & hot already, and with the heat and humidity, it didn't look good for him.
                I thought he would get the lead outta the gate, and before the 1st turn, it already appeared he was already outta gas(his head was pullin' away and not darting forward)
                He supposedly hasn't received any steroids for some time, probably because of the money he received as a donor, but an injection coulda been helpful.
                I understand why kent pulled him up($50mil ridin' on his sperm), and I was even shoutin' at the tv, get the hell off that horse, I didn't wanna see him collapse.
                I was 7 yrs old, the year of the last triple crown winner, and I have seen stronger horses fail since then. I just went with history on my bet, as it was worthless to try and make any money bettin' him to win.
                I think BB will be back for 1 more, then they will stud that UPS truck. :beer2:

Comment

Looks Like BB is going to be in the Breeders Cup.

Big Brown doing fine after Haskell triumph

Oceanport, NJ (Sports Network) - Leading three-year-old Big Brown came out of Sunday's Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park in good shape. Trainer Rick Dutrow, Jr. said the colt "looks great" following his 1 3/4 length win over Coal Play.

"He ran a big race," Dutrow said following the Haskell in the winner's circle. "I'm as happy as I can be with him. It was his first race after pulling up in a race, so how can I not be as thrilled as I am? He could have pulled up again. He showed that he's a true racehorse; he got done what he had to do. I'm very proud of him."

The trainer was extremely pleased with the reaction his colt received Sunday.

"Our operation was thrilled about Monmouth Park and the crowd yesterday (Sunday)," commented Dutrow. "Hearing everyone give a big cheer for Big Brown was great. We couldn't be happier."

Owned by IEAH Stables and Paul Pompa Jr., Big Brown returned to his barn at Aqueduct on Monday morning where he will train for a yet undetermined race.

Dutrow has indicated that the colt will not go in the $1 million Travers Stakes at Saratoga on Saturday, August 23. The three-year-old is being mentioned as a possible starter in the $500,000 Woodward Handicap versus older thoroughbreds on Saturday, August 30. Big Brown's final career race will be the Breeders' Cup Classic at Santa Anita Park on Saturday, October 25.

Big Brown this year has won the Florida and Kentucky Derbies, Preakness Stakes along with the Haskell. He has earned more than $3.3 million with six wins in seven career starts.

Comment

Working...
                  X