Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to the Derby: Top 10 Contenders as of April 6th, 2009

Read it here!

<p><b>As of April 6th:</b> <a href="http://www.predictem.com/horse/2009-top-ten-contenders.php" title="Top Ten Kentucky Derby Contenders">Top Ten Kentucky Derby Contenders</a> - 4/6</p>
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

I'll be placing it on Lucky Dan this year
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I don't agree at all that PofN is even in the Top 5 nevermind #1. His races are wildly unimpressive compared to the other top horses and his Beyer speed figures are a step below as well. He just keeps winning, and there's something to do that which can't be dismissed, but I think The Pamplemousse would have annhilated him 8 days ago if he didn't get hurt.

Read a GREAT article in the NY Post Saturday by Ray Kerrison which said that in the last 12 years only two horses have won the Kentucky Derby without having a top 4 Beyer amongst the entries. Monarchos was one, but his Beyer was like 108 and it was a rarity a number that high wasn't in the top 4 so it's really a statistically anomaly, and the other was Giacamo's huge upset. Going into yesterday's Arkansas Derby and Kentucky Bluegrass races, the top 4 Beyers were:

1- Quality Road 111
      2- Dunkirk 108
      3- Friesan Fire 104
      4- I Want Revenge 103

The article really was focused on Dunkirk and how the changed the Beyer figures from the Florida Derby and how that was going to help Dunkirk get into the Kentucky Derby/ Turns out it didn't matter anyway as he still had enough earnings since horses already above him finished 1-2 in the Bluegrass and the Arkansas Derby.

Not sure what the Beyer was for General Quarters monstrous race, and not sure about Papa Clem's either. Maybe GQ's 103+, but I'd doubt Papa Clem's was.

My two buddies and I hit the All Stakes Pick Four at Keeneland going 4-3-2-4 on a 0.50 ticket for $48. Brought back $750 so was nice. We left the $4610 superfecta in the Kentucky Bluegrass on on the table thoug has we had it and didn't play it, lol that SUCKED!

LOVE Keeneland! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X