Preak Stakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preak Stakes

Who does everyone like for the preakness? I definitely will fade Street Sense as I do not see that horse even having a chance, I think the Derby was a fluke, but just my opinion.
    Last edited by MarcSamson; 05-09-2007, 01:04 AM.

I think Curlin is going to have a good showing. I have to look at the field first though.

Cant wait for the race though.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

SS was not a fluke he did the samething in the BC Juvenile. The Derby takes alot out of a horse I look for a new comer to maybe take it. I love Chelokee:beerbang:
      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

I think it was a fluke in a sense that their were at least 3-4 other horses in the field that would beat street sense 9 out of 10 times. However, it was a good day for Street Sense when it counted and thats all that matters I suppose.

Comment

Street Sense got a perfect trip in a huge field, it took a bit of luck but he looked awesome doing it. The final few fractions were looking good for Hard Spun to take it but he was just beat by a better horse. The Preakness has never been that good to closers, especially since we will likely see 8, possibly 9 horses in this field. Xchanger, Hard Spun, and Teuflesberger will likely fight for the early lead but Xchanger and Teuf will fade quickly(just like he did in the KD).

Chelokee is an interesting horse that should do well in the Preakness, but if anyone is going to take down SS I think it will be Curlin. He won't get burried as deep and have to weave through so many horses to get to the front. He will be able to make his move whenever he wants.

I will say this though, if Street sense wins the Preakness he will take down the Triple Crown.

Comment

Working...
          X