Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York game

YTD 25-30, -5.65 units.

Taking: Mets at Yankees UNDER 8 (-107). With two premier starting pitchers taking the mound, who are both in good K:BB form against two offenses that have been doing a LOT of swinging and missing lately, a pitcher's duel is in order. Normally, I worry about taking the under in any Mets game because of their bullpen and defensive issues, but their pen has actually been solid lately and they may not need it with deGrom anyway. deGrom has gone on an insane stretch with a sub-2 ERA and 85 Ks over his last 11 starts.

GL to all!

Nothing like a third 1-run loss in a row on totals! What eased the sting was that in the bottom of the 8th, with the score 5-2 and 2 men on, 1 out, I actually took a live bet of OVER 7.5 (didn't post it on here, so won't count it in my YTD) for a half unit. Anyone have any experience with live betting? I wouldn't make a habit of it but I'm wondering if there are situations where it makes sense, i.e. if you're following a game and you can see a certain situation playing out.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to put yourself in a situation where you could incur 2 losses on basically the same play. I.e. I wouldn't have taken an under bet live during that game since I already took under on the game, esp. given the juice on these bets.

Last night, between the way that inning was going and the way that Chapman has been struggling for the Yankees, it just seemed likely that another run was going to come across, making my original UNDER bet a push at best. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Comment

Working...
    X