Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have it in you?

YTD 25-31, -6.72 units.

Do you have it in you to take the White Sox as a heavy dog at LA? At first glance, it seems like a terrible idea. But consider that Rodon, over his last 3 starts, owns a 2.01 ERA along with a 1.03 WHIP and has struck out 24, to just 2 walks. Darvish has been very good in his 2 starts for the Dodgers but this will be his debut at Dodger Stadium and simply put, he hasn't been the same pitcher in home games this year. In those games, his ERA is north of 5. Also, on 5 days rest, Darvish owns a 4.76 ERA with a 1.46 WHIP, much worse than his numbers on 4 days or 6 days. This pitching matchup is actually much closer than people might think.

Another factor to consider here is that a lot of LA's wins in this incredible run have come on late inning heroics, last night being an example. In this matchup, LA has a clear edge once it gets into the bullpens. So, here is what I'm taking for this game:

White Sox +265/First 5 innings, 0.5 units
    White Sox +275/whole game, 0.5 units

Back with more plays later, as I'm trying something a little different for a while (see the above, I've never taken such a heavy dog).

Add: Det at Texas OVER 11 (-112)

Comment

Add: Padres -137. For Philly, Pivetta has a 9.40 ERA in the second half and owns a road ERA of nearly 8. For SD, Richard has put together a couple of solid starts in a row. Also, the Phillies are a terrible road team, at 19-43.

Comment

Working...
      X