Fighting Irish vs Spartans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Irish vs Spartans

I really like Notre Dame getting 14 this week, I had the displeasure of watching my pitt panthers play Michigan St. on saturday and Mich St. looks like they have just replaced one middling idiot coach(smith) with another(d'antonio). Michigan St. did there best to give this game away but unfortunately our equally poorly coached panthers decided they didnt want it either and gave it right back.

Our freshman backup qb kevan smith quarterbacked without a doubt the worst game of college fb i have ever seen. He was so bad that for the majority of the 2nd half that we resorted to running the same offense arkansas does with darren mcfadden, except with rb shady mccoy(who as a true freshman is the 3rd best rb in the big east) under center and completely abandoning the passing game. McCoy averaged nearly 7 yrds a carry enroute to 172 yrd day, which was more then twice as many yards as our quarterback threw for! If not for qb kevan smiths' unbelievably incompetent quarterbacking, pitt would have won this game by 2+ touchdowns. Michigan state's points all came off his turnovers including one int returned for a touchdown and one returned to pitt's 35. There longest drive of the day was 36 yrds. and anybody doubting the TOTAL futility of their offense can reference this link to erase any doubt:

ESPN - Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Michigan State Spartans Drive Chart, September 15 2007 - NCAA College Football

Pitt is NOT a good team, we went 6-6 last year, lost are star qb(tyler palko) and are at best the 6th best team in the big east year. If we can go into michigan st. and physically bully and outplay them i see almost no reason an atleast as talented and better coached notre dame team cannot cover +14 at home in a game in which they need a win as much as they ever have. Hell, I'd take the moneyline if there was one for this game, thats how absolutely mediocre michigan state is.

ND +14
    Last edited by bpaull1682; 09-18-2007, 01:16 AM.

I must disagree on the coaching point. Donantonio was probably one of the best hires in recent years. He is a great recruiter and MSU will only get better as the season moves forward. Look what Cincy is doing with all his players, give this guy some time and Sparty will be one of the top teams in the Big 10!!!

The two backs for MSU could have career days against ND's D!!! Ringer ran wild on them last year in the pouring rain. Hoyer will have a big day passing as well, ND's secondary is god aweful. As for the irish O, they have yet to rush for positive yds and Jimmy will see tons of pressure all day. Coach D can coach some D!!!

Good luck this week

Comment

That's a better post, Paul.....reduce the chest-thumping....and state your case for each game, and you'lll be OK. Good job, and GL with the Irish....might tail you and FF on that one...

:beerbang:

Comment

i cant speak on msu, though i saw them play a little against pitt and they didnt look strong. however, nd is in a world of hurt. lots of bad rumors going down on the nd boards, many confirmed by legit posters.

apparently weis is not doing gamefilm to prepare for msu all week with the players, instead, they are doing full scrimmages w/ tackling to the ground for the rest of the season. they also had a full contact scrimmage last sunday, the day after a game.

reports of many dissatisfied players with weis, many players dont like him and felt that jones shouldve started instead of claussen. do with this info what you will, but nd appears to be a trainwreck

Comment

I don't have much of a feel for this game, other than this. You'd have to have big big balls to lay money on Notre Dame right now. Michigan's defense is one of the worst in the country and ND couldn't score on them. Not saying i'm playing MSU but there ain't no way I could put my dough on the Irish.

Comment

I agree with Larry...anything can happen but after laying on the Irish last weekend:bang: :bang: I would say you need big balls. They are averaging 4pts a game. Until they show they can score on anyone, I would be remissed to lay another dime there.

As it relates to Coach D....you are way off...look no farther than the UC Bearcats to see what type of coach this guy is. He has turned that inept program into one that will hang with everyone they play. Those are his players that making those plays. He is one heck of a recruiter and that will only make the Spartans a team to beat in the Big..whatever...for some time.

Comment

Coach D has already done things that JLS never did. Like recruiting in the city of Detroit. I think once he has all his own players MSU will compete in the Big Ten. Another thing about coach D is that he always wanted to coach the spartans. He's not using this as a stepping stone, he wants to be there a long time.

Comment

Larry the moderator, first of all michigan does not have one of the worst defenses in the country, they just posted a shutout against notre dame and will undoubtedly end up with a top 50 defense at the end of the year going by statistics. Even at this early point in the season as bad as michigan has looked at times, there are atleast 20 defenses who have looked worst, namely the d's of the 20+ teams in div 1-A who have not won a single game yet. Secondly the original post was regarding the michigan st/ notre dame game this saturday, not the future of the michigan state program under d'antonio, please stay on topic.

Comment

as a student i can tell you the atmosphere on campus is that we have already given up on this season

dont expect any fireworks this weekend...completely a rebuilding year

Comment

Originally posted by BigPunisher View Post
                    Larry the moderator, first of all michigan does not have one of the worst defenses in the country, they just posted a shutout against notre dame and will undoubtedly end up with a top 50 defense at the end of the year going by statistics. Even at this early point in the season as bad as michigan has looked at times, there are atleast 20 defenses who have looked worst, namely the d's of the 20+ teams in div 1-A who have not won a single game yet. Secondly the original post was regarding the michigan st/ notre dame game this saturday, not the future of the michigan state program under d'antonio, please stay on topic.

BigPunisher the bpaull1682, first of all what the hell does shutting out Notre Dame mean right now? The Irish have yet to score a touchdown in 3 games. And who cares if a team has a top 50 defense, that's like being happy about a 6-5 season. And in the original post you stated that coach D is a "middling idiot", so I gave my opinion that he is not. So I have concluded that you are the "middling idiot" who doesn't realize when he is not wanted here.

Comment

Bpaul made a good prediction on a blowout USC win. I was looking forward to seeing what more he had to say. The banning is unfortunate in my opinion.

JC
                      Go Bucks!

Comment

Wow. A poster simply disagrees with a moderator on the state of the Michigan defense and the coaching ability of Mark Dantonio and he gets banned?

Can someone please explain this one to me?
                        NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurfn View Post
                          Wow. A poster simply disagrees with a moderator on the state of the Michigan defense and the coaching ability of Mark Dantonio and he gets banned?
                          Maybe Larry knows something that we don't, for example the IP addresses of Bpaul and the other poster may be the same. Be as it may, the one thing I look for in this board is good predictions and arguments to back up predictions, and Bpaul was an intriguing prospect.

JC
                          Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCol View Post
                            Bpaul made a good prediction on a blowout USC win. I was looking forward to seeing what more he had to say. The banning is unfortunate in my opinion.

JC
                            Now let me get one thing straight here. We do not banned people because they have a different opinion on games. He was banned because I banned him the other day under another name.

Reasons for ban:

He posted attention getting thread. Then stated he posted an attention getting thread because he did not want information buried.

Started new thread what was the score he fell asleep. Another attention getting thread.

Posted in that thread he was just that damn good.

He forgot to mention he went 2-2 on Saturday.

This forum is for information gathering. Friends helping Friends out with information on games.

If you follow somebody then that's your problem.

This forum uses different handicapping methods.

Nobody is 100 percent right. Nobody is 100 percent wrong.

It's not about winning one game.

It's about earning respect from the forum.

We run a nice clean forum

We have been around long enough to protect our members from Attention getting posters

Maybe you understand maybe not

But there are plenty of garbage forums out there for these kinds of posts.

However this is not a garbage forum.

Just the way it is.

Queen :glass:
                            NFL 2-0. Week 1
                            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Thank you, Queen. It's apparent there was more to it than appeared in this thread.
                              NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

Working...
                              X