2008 Daytona 500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Daytona 500

The 2008 Daytona 500 will mark the 50th running of "The Great American Race", and is scheduled to be run on Sunday, February 17, 2008, celebrating the Golden Anniversary of the first race run in 1959, won by Lee Petty. The Harley J. Earl Trophy, which goes to the winner of the race.

<embed src="http://www.profilemods.com/apps/countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.profilemods.com/myspace-countdown&type=0&clickLABEL=Get your own MySpace Countdown now!&pic=http://www.profilemods.com/apps/countdown//themes/5.jpg&text=Daytona%20500&bgColor=0&untilColor=6528 0&textColor=16777215&year=2008&month=2&day=17&hour =16&min=0&sec=0" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="175" name="show" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><a href="http://www.profilemods.com/myspace-countdown"><a/>
    Last edited by homedawg; 02-17-2008, 11:10 AM.

Let's get this party started. :drive:

:8: RIP
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

'08 Daytona 500 predictions

Lee Spencer, FOXSports.com senior NASCAR writer: With Hendrick equipment, I think more people would be surprised if Dale Earnhardt Jr. doesn't come out of the box and win the season-opening Daytona 500. Heck, Earnhardt said he hoped Speedweeks "started tomorrow" during Champions Week in New York in early December. Daytona International Speedway plays as much a part in the Hendrick Motorsports fabric — with 10 wins, 39 top fives, 70 top 10s and nine poles — as in the Earnhardt family heritage. Combined, Dale Sr. and Jr. have five wins, 26 top fives, 43 top 10s and three poles. Hendrick equipment, with an Earnhardt behind the wheel, could prove to be the ultimate Daytona package.

Jeff Hammond, NASCAR on FOX race analyst: He's been there once and I think he can do it again. I like Dale Earnhardt Jr. in a Hendrick Motorsports car.

Darrell Waltrip, NASCAR on FOX race analyst: I've already said this, but I think it's going to be Dale Earnhardt Jr. in a Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet. That's a no-brainer.

Larry McReynolds, NASCAR on FOX race analyst: I'm going to make a lot of folks happy with my prediction. I think Daytona International Speedway is where Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally returns to Victory Lane after almost a year and a half since his last triumph. But you know, we have such a wild card there since we have never raced the Car of Tomorrow at Daytona. Although you tend to believe that even though a lot of teams have made gains with the new car model that the Hendrick Motorsports stuff is going to be as hard to beat this year as it was last year. But I don't think we will know what anybody has until we get there for Speedweeks.

Jorge A. Mondaca, FOXSports.com NASCAR editor: If you think I am going to disagree with the panel in this category, you are only half wrong. Yes, a Hendrick Motorsports driver will lift the Harley J. Earl Trophy after this year's Daytona 500, but that driver will be not be Dale Jr., it will be his teammate, Jeff Gordon.. What better way for a driver who is arguably the best of his era to put an exclamation point on a stellar career than to win the "most anticipated event in motorsports," the 50th running of the Daytona 500? Not only that, but it would add to his already impressive resume in the Great American Race, where he holds the record as the youngest winner of the acclaimed event and has accumulated three victories, five top fives and eight top 10s in 15 career starts.

Last edited by homedawg; 01-09-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

lmao....it took be about 2 minutes to realize that wasn't DJ's car.....lol.....
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          lmao....it took be about 2 minutes to realize that wasn't DJ's car.....lol.....

gonna take some gettin' use to... damn glad they didn't use any brown paint. :drunk:

Comment

DJ in the 88 where some classic TV ad's. Remember Joe Walsh in his PJ's LOL and the little boy asking DJ all the time if he was going to drive the Big Brown truck. :laughing:
            NFL 2-0. Week 1
            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

I'm interested to see how Gibbs new Toyotas will roll in the 500 (and in general) but Hendricks is gonna git 'er done in Daytona no doubt. :thumbs:

Comment

The only real contender that will give Hendricks a run for the money will be none other than the Ford of Matt Kenseth. I'm with Snow. I gots to see how Toyota fairs with actuall drivers other than Waltrip, Jarrett and Blaney. It ain't gonna be pretty. I think Joe Gibbs done fell and bumped his fkn head. WTF was he thinking other than sponsership $$$. Time is short and time will tell, and soon. I'm ready. Bring on some racin'
                If its fun, do it

Comment

I'm hopin' for a new avatar after the race
                  If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                    I'm hopin' for a new avatar after the race

Here you go:

:beer2:

Comment

I thought he was driving the amp car???

See I know nothing about this, maybe one day someone can sit me down and explain it to me!

Have a enjoyable season!!!!

BB:thumbs:
                      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

WTF??....is this thing a night race now??
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          WTF??....is this thing a night race now??
                          fox showin' the green flag @ 3:40 (et) :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
                            I thought he was driving the amp car???

See I know nothing about this, maybe one day someone can sit me down and explain it to me!

Have a enjoyable season!!!!

BB:thumbs:
                            Looks like he's driving the amp paint scheme..

Last edited by homedawg; 02-17-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

88 t3 +120
                              1 +110 ov 18

GLTA

Comment

Working...
                              X