Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Q. & A. ~ Put 'em Here & get 'em here !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Q. & A. ~ Put 'em Here & get 'em here !!

I want to say for someone who rarely ever follows Nascar I really enjoyed the race! My problem is that I don't know squat about what they are talking about half the time! If some of you veterans would help me understand what's going on I would really appreciate it! Here are some things I was wondering about...

1. Why do guys "help" each other?

2. I kept hearing the announcers say "he has a fast car today" or something to that
    nature! So, are all the cars different from week to week?

3. Does the length of the track matter when it comes to fuel or saving tires?

I'm sure I will have a gaggle of questions throughout the year so try and be patient with me! I know it's hard to believe some hick from Ringgold, Ga doesn't know his Nascar but it's true! LOL!

I damn sure don't want to act like I know everything like Flyers! :beer2:
    White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Fast car means he can pull out of the draft and pass or goes from the back to the front in a hurry.

One a Super Speedway you got to find somebody to help you out in the draft. If you get hung out to dry you go to the back.

Even if they are not team mates they got friendships off the track.

So those couple years back Tony helped JR win 500 if he would have pull out to go around him he would have gone back in the pack. So for points he figured he was better of 2nd than 10th. Knowing he could not pass JR and win.

Yes at every track Tires make a big difference. Some are Ashphalt some are Concrete some are banked some are flat some are road course needing a different kind of tire for wear.

Plus with combination of Cam on the front end can cause a tire to wear and blister.

That why you hear them adjust the rear end or take out spring rubbers.

Some races have bigger fuel tanks but Nascar decided to put in small fuel cell on Super Speedway to make more pit stops.

Rules change every week. What rules are in place this week will change next week if they figure out somebody bent the rules.

So if you got any questions feel free to ask away.

Queen :sm:
    NFL 2-0. Week 1
    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

FWIW, FF don't know everything. He doesn't know what aero push is LOL. But I don't know how to score over 200 pts in FN LOL
      If its fun, do it

Comment

NASCAR Q. & A. ~ Put 'em Here & get 'em here !!

This sticky will remain up for the Nascar season.
        Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Why does there seem to be a 300 mile race the day before the 500 mile race? At first, I thought it was like a minor league-type game with drivers that were prospects....but it seems like all the major names run in both races? :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Why does there seem to be a 300 mile race the day before the 500 mile race? At first, I thought it was like a minor league-type game with drivers that were prospects....but it seems like all the major names run in both races? :dunno:
            :chaching: :chaching: :chaching:
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              Ok 300 mile race was at first started to help prospective drivers learn the tracks and then jump into NASCAR. When you see a big name guy driving in the Nationwide races he has started his own team and is really just fooling around. Jr is scheduled to drive 9 Races this year in the number 5 car. But he did not fully own the car he drove last weekend Hendricks did and the SOB's cheated and lost 50 points each. What the hell they care about 50 points They made the sponsor happy by getting the car in the new for free. This is why I hate Hendricks the cheating SOB's.
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                :chaching: :chaching: :chaching:
                The root of all evil
                NFL 2-0. Week 1
                Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Odds

If you are going to take a driver to win the race would you wait and put it in after qualifying or do you put it in now....or are there just times you do both? For this weekend I like Busch...K and K would you place it now at +1000 and +1100 or wait and see if you get better odds after qualifying?

What have I become...I'm betting on NASCAR!!!! :laughing:
                  From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Well here's my two cents. One the odds dont really change that much unless a bunch of people lay money on same guy. Just like football the odds change to suit the betting.

God forbid Im trying to talk you out of what to bet because if I talk you out of it and they hit you will be pissed at me. But the California Track lets see how can I say this in the right way. Jack Roush figured out these kinds of track along time ago. Jack Roush's teams have won the second race of the season for the past 5 out of 6 years. Winning 4 straight years in arow. Matt Kenneth has won 4 out of the last 6 on the second race. Biffle won 1. The Spring race at Califonia only 3 have been race there so far all 3 won by Roush. Kennenth winning the last two and Biffle winning the first one.

But that is why the race they race.

Horse power does not win the California race driving skills wins this one and Matt Kenneth's ford will be set up right.

You would have better shot at Kurt or Kyle to win the pole
                    NFL 2-0. Week 1
                    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Thanks Queen!!

Queen I could never be pissed at you!!!:thumbs:

That's exactly the info I was looking for....I'd rather lose knowing I had reasoning...if that makes sense! I love to get lucky...no pun there...but there are times when I've lost and still felt I was on the right side of the bet...you know what I mean....:beer2:

I'm just enjoying my new gambling habit!!!!

BOL to ya!!!! Thanks!!!
                      From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Shorts, one thing Snow and I used to do and he probably still does, is play race MU's before qualifying. Until I seen your post, I had forgotten all about it. Some books put these up, but when I get pissed at a book, I quit playing them. You get real good odds like that. And like Queen said, to win bets don't change that much. But race MU's before qualifying can be profitable. I'll get with Snow to see what books offer these and post them. Might even make a deposit with them and get back to what used to be $$$. I think Carib or Cris was one of them. Its been over 5 years. Looks like Qual is being rained out. There showing old races LOL
                        If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                        X