Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you panicked late last week, early this week.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you panicked late last week, early this week.

Well, you got ****ed!

Nice little rally here, getting a couple percentage points back. While people who call bottoms have another name... called lucky, you would have done pretty well with the stocks we talked about on Tuesday. How are we doing with this weeks portfolio:

ACN was 34.81, now 35.74 (+2.67%)
    INFY was 52.92, now 54.07 (+2.17%)
    ABB was 16.12, now 16.92 (+4.96%)
    FLR was 87.91, now 90.15 (+2.55%)
    GE was 34.67, now 34.47 (- 0.60%)

Overall, up 2.35%
    Market, up 1.02% (since Tuesday morning at post time, defined by S&P 500 index)

ABB was the best play here. Now, the morning we bought, they had just had a rating cut. When a good company with good fundamentals like that gets a rating cut, its pretty much time to buy. And people did, putting it up almost 5% on the week - an amazing move for a company of that size.

GE will always be a part of the portfolio that makes the overall number go slower. Seeing them down 0.6% probably has more to do with currency movement than anything. Owning GE is almost like owning a bond.

Everything else is a continuation of the capex spending play I outlined before. I think you keep going with it for a few more weeks, with an orderly scale out once you get a 10% profit in any name.
    可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

I love GE!

Comment

nice job!

Comment

Working...
      X