ATLfun's 2015 Weekly NFL Picks ATS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLfun's 2015 Weekly NFL Picks ATS

For the last couple of years, I have meant to start a thread at the beginning of the NFL season. And this year reality overcame procrastination, and here we go. I am a casual better who likes to bet a lot of games to give game watching more meaning.

My strategy is more shotgun than sniper, similar to index funds. I would rather bet 6 stocks than bet on two. This year I will place 13% of my opening balance on the line every week which is evenly distributed amongst all picks with the gut feeling bet being one unit more. The only nominal guarantee that my system offers is that my bankroll and my betting enjoyment will last the entire season.

Week 1

I hate the first 4 four weeks of the season. Last season performance clouds your judgment, and you have to anticipate what teams are before they show you what they are. My gut bet is Philly. Atlanta has zero on the offensive line and were still signing O-linemen off the street this week. For safety reasons, the Falcons had to pull Matt Ryan after one quarter against the Miami Dolphins in game 3 of the pre-season. Matt was expected to play a full half but he was getting mauled by Miami's defense. Philly was playoff quality last year and -3 does not seem enough. Taking the Eagles as my Gut Feeling of the Week.

Gut Feeling of the Week

Pending 3Units 9/14/15 7:10pm 489 Philadelphia Eagles -3 -105* vs Atlanta Falcons

The Field

Pending 2Unit 9/13/15 1:00pm 463 Green Bay Packers -7 +100* vs Chicago Bears
    Pending 2Unit 9/13/15 1:00pm 469 Indianapolis Colts -3 +110* vs Buffalo Bills
    Pending 2Unit 9/13/15 1:00pm 471 Miami Dolphins -3½ -105* vs Washington Redskins
    Pending 2Unit 9/13/15 1:00pm 476 St. Louis Rams +4 -110* vs Seattle Seahawks
    Pending 2Unit 9/13/15 4:05pm 478 Arizona Cardinals -2½ -110* vs New Orleans Saints

Good luck to everyone,

Brian

Like the Fish and Iggles too......GL!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Good Luck!
      Chris :fire:

Comment

Come on Eagles

On the positive side for week one which ain't too shabby. I just need the Eagles to play like a playoff team and the Falcons to be the Falcons tonight to go 5-1 instead of 4-2.

I owe the Buffalo's quarterback an apology. He only three 32 passes in four years as Flacco's backup, but he threw some darts yesterday. Buffalo might be for real.

Comment

^should be "32 passes" not "three 32." The edit feature expires quickly. :sm:

Comment

Week 1 Final Results

Week 1 Final Results

Weekly Results: 4-2, +3 Units
            Overall Results: 4-2, +3 Units

Gut Feeling of the Week (0-1)
            3Units 9/14/15 7:10pm 489 Philadelphia Eagles -3 -105* vs Atlanta Falcons LOSS

The Field (4-1)
            2Units 9/13/15 1:00pm 463 Green Bay Packers -7 +100* vs Chicago Bears WIN
            2Units 9/13/15 1:00pm 469 Indianapolis Colts -3 +110* vs Buffalo Bills LOSS
            2Units 9/13/15 1:00pm 471 Miami Dolphins -3½ -105* vs Washington Redskins WIN
            2Units 9/13/15 1:00pm 476 St. Louis Rams +4 -110* vs Seattle Seahawks WIN
            2Units 9/13/15 4:05pm 478 Arizona Cardinals -2½ -110* vs New Orleans Saints WIN

Comment

My gut play of the week is Indianapolis. They can't be that bad and they are playing at home. Some teams already seem to be a proven dumpster fire like Cleveland. Home or away, I am not afraid to pick against Cleveland. Cleveland is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I am visiting Graceland, the home of the King of Rock and Roll tomorrow. As a result, I am posting my picks early. Hopefully, nobody will step on my blue suede shoes tomorrow. :laughing:

Week 2

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-1/ -3 Units

Pending 9/21/15 8:30pm NFL Football 290 Indianapolis Colts -7½ +115* vs New York Jets

The Field YTD: 4-1/ +6Units

Pending 9/20/15 NFL Football 267 Detroit Lions +1 +105* vs Minnesota Vikings
              Pending 9/20/15 NFL Football 266 Pittsburgh Steelers -7 +110* vs San Francisco 49ers
              Pending 9/20/15 NFL Football 271 Arizona Cardinals -1 -120* vs Chicago Bears
              Pending 9/20/15 NFL Football 273 Tennessee Titans pk -120* vs Cleveland Browns
              Pending 9/20/15 NFL Football 276 Cincinnati Bengals -3 -125* vs San Diego Chargers

Good luck to everyone,

Brian

Comment

Fort Pitt & Queen City as well......let's hope they ain't hound dogs....GL
                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Week 2 Final Results

Week 2 Final Results

Weekly Results: 3-3, -1 Unit
                  Overall Results: 7-5, +2 Units

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-2/ -6 Units

3Units NFL Football 290 Indianapolis Colts -7½ +115* vs New York Jets LOSS

The Field YTD: 7-3/ +8Units

2Units NFL Football 267 Detroit Lions +1 +105* vs Minnesota Vikings LOSS
                  2Units NFL Football 266 Pittsburgh Steelers -7 +110* vs San Francisco 49ers WIN
                  2Units NFL Football 271 Arizona Cardinals -1 -120* vs Chicago Bears WIN
                  2Units NFL Football 273 Tennessee Titans pk -120* vs Cleveland Browns LOSS
                  2Units NFL Football 276 Cincinnati Bengals -3 -125* vs San Diego Chargers WIN

Comment

Week 3

My gut play of the week is Indianapolis again. :bang: I am going to peg their poor play on going against superior defenses. It is amazing how fast everybody is jumping off the Andrew Luck bandwagon. Plus, Tennessee showed that they still have a way to go. Still in positive money territory going into week three which could be worse. :sm:

Good Luck everyone,

Week 3

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-2/ -6 Units

3 Units NFL Football 477 Indianapolis Colts -3 -125* vs Tennessee Titans

The Field YTD: 7-3/ +8 Units

2 Units Pending NFL Football 479 Atlanta Falcons -1½ -110* vs Dallas Cowboys
                    2 Units Pending NFL Football 461 Pittsburgh Steelers pk -110* vs St. Louis Rams
                    2 Units Pending NFL Football 470 Carolina Panthers -9½ +100* vs New Orleans Saints
                    2 Units Pending NFL Football 474 Baltimore Ravens -1 -125* vs Cincinnati Bengals
                    2 Units Pending NFL Football 485 Buffalo Bills +2½ +110* vs Miami Dolphins

Good luck to everyone,

Brian

Comment

Week 3 Final Results

The Gut Picks are killing me so far this year, but The Field is humming along at a 67% win percentage.

Weekly Results: 3-3, -1 Unit
                      Overall Results: 10-8, +1 Units

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-3/ -9 Units

3Units NFL Football Indianapolis Colts -3 -125* vs Tennessee Titans LOSS

The Field YTD: 10-5/ +10Units

2 Units NFL Football Atlanta Falcons -1½ -110* vs Dallas Cowboys WIN
                      2 Units NFL Football Pittsburgh Steelers pk -110* vs St. Louis Rams WIN
                      2 Units NFL Football Carolina Panthers -9½ +100* vs New Orleans Saints LOSS
                      2 Units NFL Football 474 Baltimore Ravens -1 -125* vs Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
                      2 Units NFL Football 485 Buffalo Bills +2½ +110* vs Miami Dolphins WIN

Comment

Week 4

My gut play of the week is Arizona. They are really backing up last season with a fine start. They are playing at home and St. Louis has not set the world on fire this year. First time in a couple of weeks that I have not chosen the Colts as the gut play. Which means that they will probably win without Luck today- but no way that I touch that game. All picks reflect my bets with 5Dimes and are not fantasy picks.

Good Luck everyone,

Brian

Week 4

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-3/ -9 Units

3 Units Pending NFL Football 274 Arizona Cardinals -7½ +115* vs St. Louis Rams

The Field YTD: 10-5/ +10 Units

2 Units Pending NFL Football 257 Carolina Panthers -3 -125* vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                        2 Units Pending NFL Football 259 New York Giants +5½ -110* vs Buffalo Bills
                        2 Units Pending NFL Football 266 Cincinnati Bengals -3½ -105* vs Kansas City Chiefs
                        2 Units Pending NFL Football 261 Oakland Raiders -3 -130* vs Chicago Bears
                        2 Units Pending NFL Football 269 Green Bay Packers -8 +110* vs San Francisco 49ers

Comment

Week 4 Results

Like they do on the betting infomercials, focus on my Field picks winning percentage which is a mind blowing, earth shattering, call today- 70% winners after a quarter of the season. Just ignore The Gut picks. :sm:

Weekly Results

The Gut Pick 0-1/ -3 Units
                          The Field Picks 4-1/+8 Units

Week 4

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-4/ -12 Units

3 Units Pending NFL Football 274 Arizona Cardinals -7½ +115* vs St. Louis Rams LOSS

The Field YTD: 14-6/ +16 Units

2 Units NFL Football 257 Carolina Panthers -3 -125* vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN
                          2 Units NFL Football 259 New York Giants +5½ -110* vs Buffalo Bills WIN
                          2 Units NFL Football 266 Cincinnati Bengals -3½ -105* vs Kansas City Chiefs WIN
                          2 Units NFL Football 261 Oakland Raiders -3 -130* vs Chicago Bears LOSS
                          2 Units NFL Football 269 Green Bay Packers -8 +110* vs San Francisco 49ers WIN

Comment

Week 5

Picks are little late today but they are before kickoff by almost an hour. I have been distracted trying to finish up my taxes before the Oct 15 deadline for the ultimate procrastinators. :sm: Gut Pick of the week is the Cardinals again. It might just be me, but I thought this was the hardest week of the year to pick. We are in that transition period where we have to start chucking our pre-conceived opinions for the records that the teams are accumulating.

Good luck everyone,

Brian

Week 5

Gut Feeling of the Week YTD: 0-4/ -12 Units

3 Units Pending NFL Football 467 Arizona Cardinals -4 -110* vs Detroit Lions

The Field YTD: 14-6/ +16 Units

2 Units Pending NFL Football 453 Buffalo Bills pk -120* vs Tennessee Titans
                            2 Units Pending NFL Football 466 Cincinnati Bengals -3 -125* vs Seattle Seahawks
                            2 Units Pending NFL Football 469 New England Patriots -10 +110* vs Dallas Cowboys
                            2 Units Pending NFL Football 474 New York Giants -7½ +110* vs San Francisco 49ers
                            2 Units Pending NFL Football 455 Cleveland Browns +7 -130* vs Baltimore Ravens

Comment

Bill, Bengals, Pat for me too.....GL today!

Comment

Working...
                              X