• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants NFLX Pick

YTD: 1-1-0 -0.10 Units

Taking:

Giants on the money line at -200.

The Steelers already know who their starters are. Theoretically speaking, they have nothing to play for other than figure out who their backups are. Lots of guys won't play tonight either, as this list of players haven't even participated yet (per the Steelers website)

*Not participating as of Aug. 8, 2017:

No. 3 - QB Landry Jones
    No. 10 - WR Martavis Bryant
    No. 14 - WR Sammie Coates
    No. 15 - WR Demarcus Ayers
    No. 20 - CB Cameron Sutton
    No. 23 - S Mike Mitchell
    No. 26 - RB Le'Veon Bell
    No. 27 - CB Senquez Golson
    No. 30-O - RB James Conner
    No. 53 - C Maurkice Pouncey
    No. 62-O - OL Mike Matthews
    No. 99 - LB Keion Adams

Love seeing Pouncey on that list as the Center is so important to a team's timing. I don't figure Big Ben will get much run either as they want to make sure he's healthy.

Mike Tomlin is a guy who used to be really competitive in the preseason (19-6SU in his first 6 years as Pit coach) but not so much anymore now as evidenced by his 3-14 record SU over the past 4 seasons. It's not so much that he doesnt want to win, its that he's got a winner for a team, he knows who his starters are going to be, he doesn't want to risk injury, and his sole purpose is to see who his 2nd/3rd string players will be.

On the flip side, the G-Men have tons of positions up for grabs which will result in a full effort by their players. I also like the fact that the Gmen are 2-3 deep at the skill positions.

I'm going chicken-bone here and taking the money line at -200 because I HATE being on the wrong side of 3 and 4, two key numbers (common final score margins) in the NFL. As with any game, ANYTHING can happen so this isn't a lock by any means. I really like the Gmen to win straight up though.

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by Kevin; 08-11-2017, 02:14 PM.
Working...
X