JoePa's RBC Canadian Open Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's RBC Canadian Open Picks

Proud of the way Rickie Fowler played over the weekend, but Rory was just unbeatable....this time! A couple mistakes here and there and Rickie stays a little closer. I was just happy he grabbed a T2nd with Garcia. Fowler has played lights out in the majors this season, probably the best-overall by any Tour player, yet, he is without a win. Rickie was gracious enough to grab me a Top 5 Finish winner, while Robert Karlsson folded with a double bogey on the back nine after an eagle to T12th instead of a T5th which would have been a nice double win for me. And now, we head north of the border for the RBC Canadian. It hasn't been one of my favorite tournaments, more than likely because it has the unenviable task of following up The Open Championship. Still a great field though.....

The odds are not in favor of playing for a Top 5 finisher once again this weekend, so even though it's against my nature, you will find a couple of outright winners on my card.

JIM FURYK - 12/1 OUTRIGHT WINNER - He's a two-time champ of the RBC Canadian and its all-time money leader! Coming off a 4th place finish at The Open Championship, Furyk has impressed with 9 Top 20s in his last 10 Tour starts, ranks 9th in fairways hit and is 10th in scoring. Get em Jimbo!

DUSTIN JOHNSON - 12/1 OUTRIGHT WINNER - He T2nd at the RBC Canadian held at Glen Abbey in 2013, is engaged to The Great One's daughter, so he relates to being "north of the border". DJ has made 8 straight cuts on Tour and in that span has collected 5 Top 25s. A final round 72 dropped him to a T9th at The Open Championship last week.

CHARL SWARTZEL - 7/2 TOP 5 FINISH - Makes his 4th consecutive appearance at the RBC Canadian and comes off a T7th at The Open Championship last week where he carded a -11 and closed with a round of 67. He has 6 Top 20s in his last 10 starts and is 15th in scoring.

BO VAN PELT - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Making his 9th appearance in the RBC Canadian Open and has Top 10s in his last two (2011 & 2012). He grabbed a season best T7th at the John Deere ranking 2nd in ball striking, 3rd in proximity to the pin and 3rd in par 3 scoring. He's made 7 straight cuts garnering 3 Top 20s along the way.

WILL MCGIRT - 12/1 TOP 5 FINISH - McGirt has two career T2nds....BOTH at the RBC Canadian Open AND on different courses! He T23rd at the John Deere two weeks ago which was his 5th Top 25 of the season. Currently ranks 43rd in fairways, 21st in strokes and gained putting.
    Last edited by joepa66; 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X