JoePa's Deutsche Bank Championship Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Deutsche Bank Championship Picks

Don't want to wear out my Jimbo picks and although Furyk was very much in the thick of things last week at the Barclays with the lead after the third round, he blew it with two bogies in the fine nine holes, one on the last hole of the tournament which knocked him from a predicted T5th into a T8th. That was a non-money ending for me! He realized that he was still going to move on to the second round of the FedEx playoffs, so a the bogey really didn't hurt him that much except for a little in the wallet.....I still love ya Jim!

This week it's on to TPC Boston where the birdies are plentiful.....

RICKIE FOWLER - 4/1 TOP 5 FINISH - How about this stat; Fowler has logged 14 rounds in the 60s over his last 16 rounds!!! In that span he's also managed five (5) consecutive Top 10 finishes with a T9th at Ridgewood last week. Get your binoculars out, Rickie should be on a birdie fest this weekend.

BRANDT SNEDKER - 7/1 TOP 5 FINISH - It's getting down to the wire and maybe Sneedicker's last ditch effort to make a statement for a Ryder Cup spot. He missed the cut last week at The Barlcays but no matter, TPC Boston is more his style. Currently he is ranked 71st in the FedEx Cup rankings so move up this week to move on. He does have Top 6 finishes here in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

MATT KUCHAR - 7/2 TOP 5 FINISH - A T5th at The Barclays might have disproved the ailing back speculation......He has 11 Top 10s on the season and T4th last year at the Barclays.

HUNTER MAHAN - 9/2 TOP 5 FINISH - Talk about a guy whose game is emerging from the shadows and has been resurrected at just the right time......his recent form and a white-hot putter added up to the title at The Barclays last week. Another nice take from his recent form is he has led the field in GIR at Firestone, Valhallsa and Ridgewood. Wow, the possbilities this week!

ADAM SCOTT - 9/4 TOP 5 FINISH - Scott and Mickelson have never been good to me when I have backed them! However, TPC Boston is where Scott broke thru to his first PGA Tour win in 2003 at the inaugural event and is 9/9 in cuts here along with five (5) Top 10s in those 9 chances. He has finished no worse than T15th in his last seven (7) Tour starts and T15th last week despite a very ugly Sunday 75!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X