Newbie guestion about units

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie guestion about units

Sorry for a dumb question but I am new at this type of betting. I see on this forum when people are picking there games I see examples like this one. Picking Florida -5 2 units.

What does that mean?

Thanks
    B-Rad :bang:

Originally posted by llnapa View Post
    Sorry for a dumb question but I am new at this type of betting. I see on this forum when people are picking there games I see examples like this one. Picking Florida -5 2 units.

What does that mean?

Thanks
    all a unit is b-rad is a measuring tool....they are different for everyone. It is a way to keep plays relative to other plays. For instance, a Unit to you may be 50.00....if you bet 2 units on every game that means you're betting 100.00....if you have a 5 unit play it means you're betting 250.00....but there is no "universal value" for a unit. In fact my units are different for each sport. I have a much higher unit value in NCAA Baseball, Hockey and CBB than i do in like CFB...

the way it works is that you should have each unit/play roughly 2-3% of your bankroll so if you have 200.00 in your account, your plays should be about 5.00-6.00 per play. that is if you want to gamble long term and not go broke. in reality someone betting 100.00 per game should have about 4,000 in his account....etc....some people flat bet like JoePa, Hodown, Zman meaning every bet is the same amount (1 unit 2 units whatever) and others play different values for different games like myself, boiler, udoggiechalkoverdoggiedog (but within a close realm.....my plays are usually 2-3 units with a max of about 6units). You really won't find anyone here unloading 200 imaginary units like you do on other sites. Most people here bet 1-3 units on games for the most part. that might be 20.00 x 2 or 40.00 for one guy and it might be 75.00 x 2 or 150.00 for another guy but that is up to the individual person and quite frankly it's irellevant what your actual unit value is.....
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-10-2010, 07:49 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Well put FF! That is one of the best explanations I've ever read to that often answered question!

Comment

Originally posted by llnapa View Post

What does that mean?

Thanks
        A unit is like a johnson. Hope that helps. :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by redsfann View Post
          A unit is like a johnson. Hope that helps. :beerbang:
          Not to be confused with Q-Unit! :beerbang::laughing:

Welcome Illnapa......Flyers gave a great explanation, just let us know if ya need anything else!
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
          X