Tired of losing to your bookie every weekend? We've put together a tip sheet to help you increase your chances of winning each weekend. It gets old paying the book. Collect for once and make it a habit.
Note: If you came here looking for football picks against the spread, please go here: Weekly NFL Picks.
Read all the crap on this site about capping games, how to bet, etc even if it seems boring. It'll educate the heck out of ya and change your luck. We lost our asses for YEARS before we even got a sniff of winning.
This website is dedicated to those that got tired of paying the book and changed over to a new leaf and learned how to be disciplined and EDUCATED. Knowledge is power baby. Read it and increase your winning percentage today! Quit being part of your man's cadillac payment and smoke that bookie!
Listed below are some great tips to consider before placing your bets. Enjoy!
1. Make sure that your playing with a good sportsbook. If yours sucks any reason whatsoever getcha a better one by checking out our sportsbook reviews page which features the cream of the crop on the internet, bar none.
2. Bet on bad teams. Yep, that's right! Bet on crappy teams. That's where the money is at. Good teams win, bad teams cover. The sooner you figure this out the better off you'll be. Football wagering operates using a point spread. Straight up winners don't mean jack here brother. It's all about the almighty spread!
3. Keep records. At midseason take a real long look at what kind of bets your winning and losing. Drop what isn't working and stick with what is. We don't have a crystal ball but we bet your getting killed on parlays and teasers! YEP. We been there!
4. Exercise proper money management. If your throwing your whole bankroll away every week betting every game on the card, your going to get killed long term and probably short term. Bet small amounts so you can stay in the game. The double up theory whether your ahead or behind just doesn't work. Sure looks easy though don't it?
5. Bet the same amount on every game. I don't care if you think it's the best game of the century. No one game should be weighted more than another. What's even worse is your solid plays usually end up losing more than your regular plays. The lines the bookies put out are made to try to dupe your perception. A good rule of thumb is that if it looks too good to be true, IT PROBABLY IS!
6. Don't chase losses or expect MNF to be a bailout game for you. Losses run faster than you do and you ain't gonna catch them. The only way to undig yourself is to thoroughly handicap a game and make good solid selections based on good solid information.
7. Check how the weather including the wind is treating the venue in which the game will be played. There is nothing worse than betting an over, sitting down in your cozy chair with a frosty to turn on the tv and see a blistering hurricane going on at the field in which both teams are going to run the ball every down which burns up clock and are perennial over killers. It happens and its sickening! Check weather reports and bet accordingly!
8. Don't listen to what the sportscasters on ESPN say. They may work for a sports station but their just pigeons reading off a teleprompter. These guys aint handicappers are many are even degeneate gamblers. Lee Corso is fun to listen to but he can't pick his way out of a wet paper bag!
9. Get yourself multiple sportsbooks and shop for the best lines and odds for each game that you bet. You compare prices when you are shopping for a loaf of bread, why not on a game in which there is more at stake?
10. Learn how to bet on NFL totals. Here's a little secret that most don't pick off. The betting limits on totals are lesser than sides. Know why? Because their easier to beat! An astute football handicapper can nail down gaudy numbers such as 65% or better solely betting on totals. Believe it!
11. Take your systems and flush them down the toilet. We've heard them all and none of them work. If they did, winning long term sports bettors would rate a hell of a lot higher than the current 3% that do!
12. Join a football handicapping forum and exchange information with people from around the nation. There are some bright minds out there that post their picks for free, many which are better than the pros. Conversely, there's some real horrible amateurs out there that post which are truly horrible. If you fade their picks you have a good shot of hitting in the high fifty percentile range which makes you look like a genius and will have your bookie scratching his head.
13. Study! Handicap the games. Don't just make a blind pick based on who you think is going to win. If your tired of losing, theres some decent sports services out there as well. See our handicappers section for a list of Pro Cappers that we endorse.
14. Know what key numbers are in the NFL and how you can benefit from knowing what they are. Surely a must know for the serious bettor. Educating yourself on this topic can save you a bunch of half point losses over the course of the season which may mean the difference between being a winning or losing sports gambler.
15. Pay close attention to injuries. Not just RB's and QB's. We're talking linemen. The battle is won in the trenches. If a major lineman is out, ESPECIALLY A CENTER on the offensive side of the ball, this is info you want to know about ahead of time and not on the wrong side of. The Center is VERY important to a teams success (timing is huge.)
16. Don't bet over your head. Create a bankroll and only bet a certain percentage of it each week. Don't play any one game for more than 5% of your total roll.
Here's a huge tip for you. Did you know that you can bet on NFL games at -107 instead of -110? Yep! Check it out at Sportbet.
Editor's Picks - Each week our in house pro's tackle the week's card and make predictions on the week's games ATS! Best bets, top plays, premium selections, etc. FREE!
Expert NFL Picks - Free premium plays from the "real" expert football handicappers from around the web. Don't fall for second rate picks from ESPN, the NFL Network, Hank Goldberg or the screaming touts on TV.
Underdog of the Week Pick - We forecast the loudest barking dog of the week. Expect a 60% winning percentage with these plays.
Favorite of the Week Play - We examine "the chalk" and determine the safest bet in which who you should lay the points with. Forecasting winning favorites long term isn't easy, but we've had some pretty good luck with it over the years.
Line Movement Plays - We report all the major line moves from the gridiron and forecast whether it's public money or sharp action causing the move. Who will cover the spread this week? Our line move plays!
NFL Consensus Picks - See what the general public is betting on. We use this info to fade the public to the tune of big profits over the course of the season.
Bookies Picks - Each week, we'll post which side the bookies are on. Please note: These are not OUR picks. We're simply reporting the teams the bookies need to cover the spread in order for them to win. Games receiving equal action on both sides will not be factored into these records.
Office Pool Picks - (Coming in 2015!) You asked for it and you got it! Each week, we'll post our predictions to win each game straight up so that you can RULE your office pool!
NFL Trends - Don't ever let anybody tell you that the trend is your friend. These picks make great fades which is exactly what we do with them.
NFL Computer Picks - We enter the statistics into the database and the computer crunches the numbers and gives final score predictions. These should be used for entertainment only!
Monday Night Football Picks - The ultimate bailout play. Our MNF picks are golden and have hit 62% or better 3 out of the past 4 years. (Last season was a disaster!) Did we mention that their FREE?
2014 NFL Predictions - Badger makes projections on each team's record and whether or not they'll go over or under their posted season win totals at the sportsbooks.
Super Bowl Picks - Everybody here in the Predictem office takes their best preseason shot at predicting the winner Superbowl 49. Pride is on the line here! Oh, and LOOT too!
5Dimes - Bet your NFL football picks at -105 odds every day of the week! 15 team parlays! 20 point teasers! Pleasers and huge point buying opportunities as well!
Bovada - Tired of deposit hassles? Bet on football using your credit card at a sportsbook where your Visa CAN and WILL work for deposits! Offers a 50% sign-up bonus up to $250 FREE!
Sportsbook - Deposit $100, make a $100 bet and get a $100 bet FREE! Your credit card WILL work here!
GTBets - You get to select 2 NFL teams and get a FREE half point every time you bet them! Offers a generous 100% bonus on deposits of $100 to $500! One of the best at accepting credit cards for deposits!
Super Bowl Betting - We explain all the different types of wagers you can making including point spread bets, totals, moneylines and prop bets. No need to go to Vegas! You can bet the big game online!
Weekly Fantasy Football - If you drafted a crappy team or the injury bug has bit you and wrecked your season, we've got something really cool to turn you on to that will change the way you play fantasy sports forever!
Famous Football Quotes - From the inspirational to the greatest touchdown calls of all time. We've got them!
Pro Football Hall of Fame - A full list of NFL players who have been inducted into the NFL HOF.
The Spread - Offers free NFL football predictions, matchups, stats including both offensive and defensive and more!
Fantasy Football Sites - Get recommendations on where to find weekly updated player news, depth charts and legit websites that offer the best stat and record tracking for your fantasy football league.