Each week during the NFL football season we'll post trends that SOUND like they make a game look like it's a winner. We actually fade (go against) these trends though because it's our opinion that what happened in the past is no indication of what will happen in the future and too much weight is put into these "trends".
There's an old saying "let the trend be your friend" but it's B.S. How can you put much weight into something that includes info from years, past, many times from many years past when different players and coaches were around? Nonetheless, we'll sift through it all and post any decent angles and situational stats we can find relative to past trends. Look for these trends to be posted by late Friday afternoon each week during the Pro football season. Enjoy!
Week 7 NFL Trend Plays: (10/16 through 10/20)
1. Jaguars are 16-34-1 ATS in their last 51 home games. (Take Jax +5.5)(pending)
2. The Carolina Panthers are 10-3 ATS in their last 13 vs. NFC. (Take GB -6.5)(pending)
3. The Indianapolis Colts are 17-5 ATS in their last 22 home games. (Bet Cinci +3)(pending)
Week 6: (10/9 through 10/13)
1. The Jags are 6-19-1 against the spread in their L26 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game. (Take Jax +4.5) (win)
2. The Bucs are 1-5-1 against the spread in their L7 home games versus a team with a winning road record. (Take Tampa Bay +3.5)(loss)
3. The Pats are 11-4 against the spread in their last 15 games on turf. (Take Buffalo +3 -125)(loss)
Week 5: (10/2 through 10/6)
1. The Minnesota Vikings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 vs. NFC. (Take GB -8)(win)
2. The St. Louis Rams are 17-37 ATS in their last 54 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. (Take STL +7)(win)
3. The Cleveland Browns are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 road games vs. a team with a losing home record. (Take Ten -1.5)(loss)
4. The Detroit Lions are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games in October. (Take Buf +6.5)(win)
5. The Seattle Seahawks are 17-35-1 ATS in their last 53 games in October. (Take Sea -7)(win)
Week 4: (9/25 through 9/29)
1. The Washington Redskins are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game. (Take NYG +3.5)(win)
2. The Dallas Cowboys are 7-20 ATS vs. a team with a losing record. (Take DAL +3)(win)
Week 3: (9/18 through 9/22)
1. The Atlanta Falcons are 15-4 ATS in their last 19 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game. (Take TB +6.5)(loss)
2. The Washington Redskins are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS win. (Take Wash +6)(win)
3. The Houston Texans are 8-1-1 ATS in their last 10 games following a SU win of more than 14 points. (Take NYG -2)(win)
4. The Miami Dolphins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games. (Take KC +3.5)(win)
5. The Chicago Bears are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 Monday games (Take NYJ -2)(loss).
Week 2: (9/11 through 9/15)
1. The Baltimore Ravens are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Thursday games. (Take Balt -2.5)(win)
2. The New England Patriots are 32-13-1 ATS in their last 46 games following a S.U. loss. (Take Min +5.5)(loss)
3. The Detroit Lions are 16-7-1 ATS in their last 24 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game. (Take CAR -2.5)(win)
4. The Green Bay Packers are 20-8 ATS vs. a team with a winning record. (Take NYJ +7.5)(win)
5. The Indianapolis Colts are 14-2 ATS in their last 16 games following a S.U. loss. (Take Phil +3)(win).
Week 1: (9/4 through 9/8)
1. The Packers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games. (Take Sea -5.5)(win)
2. The Jacksonville Jaguars are 6-14-1 ATS in their last 21 games overall. (Take Jax +10.5)(loss)
3. The Buffalo Bills are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 road games. (Take Buf +7)(win)
Editor's Picks - Each week our in house pro's tackle the week's card and make predictions on the week's games ATS! Best bets, top plays, premium selections, etc. FREE!
Expert NFL Picks - Free premium plays from the "real" expert football handicappers from around the web. Don't fall for second rate picks from ESPN, the NFL Network, Hank Goldberg or the screaming touts on TV.
Underdog of the Week Pick - We forecast the loudest barking dog of the week. Expect a 60% winning percentage with these plays.
Favorite of the Week Play - We examine "the chalk" and determine the safest bet in which who you should lay the points with. Forecasting winning favorites long term isn't easy, but we've had some pretty good luck with it over the years.
Line Movement Plays - We report all the major line moves from the gridiron and forecast whether it's public money or sharp action causing the move. Who will cover the spread this week? Our line move plays!
NFL Consensus Picks - See what the general public is betting on. We use this info to fade the public to the tune of big profits over the course of the season.
Bookies Picks - Each week, we'll post which side the bookies are on. Please note: These are not OUR picks. We're simply reporting the teams the bookies need to cover the spread in order for them to win. Games receiving equal action on both sides will not be factored into these records.
Office Pool Picks - (Coming Soon!) You asked for it and you got it! Each week, we'll post our predictions to win each game straight up so that you can RULE your office pool!
NFL Trends - Don't ever let anybody tell you that the trend is your friend. These picks make great fades which is exactly what we do with them.
Monday Night Football Picks - The ultimate bailout play. Our MNF picks are golden and have hit 62% or better 3 out of the past 4 years. (Last season was a disaster!) Did we mention that their FREE?
2014 NFL Predictions - Badger makes projections on each team's record and whether or not they'll go over or under their posted season win totals at the sportsbooks.
Super Bowl Picks - Everybody here in the Predictem office takes their best preseason shot at predicting the winner Superbowl 49. Pride is on the line here! Oh, and LOOT too!
5Dimes - Bet your NFL football picks at -105 odds every day of the week! 15 team parlays! 20 point teasers! Pleasers and huge point buying opportunities as well!
Bovada - Tired of deposit hassles? Bet on football using your credit card at a sportsbook where your Visa CAN and WILL work for deposits! Offers a 50% sign-up bonus up to $250 FREE!
Sportsbook - Deposit $100, make a $100 bet and get a $100 bet FREE! Your credit card WILL work here!
GTBets - You get to select 2 NFL teams and get a FREE half point every time you bet them! Offers a generous 100% bonus on deposits of $100 to $500! One of the best at accepting credit cards for deposits!
Super Bowl Betting - We explain all the different types of wagers you can making including point spread bets, totals, moneylines and prop bets. No need to go to Vegas! You can bet the big game online!
Weekly Fantasy Football - If you drafted a crappy team or the injury bug has bit you and wrecked your season, we've got something really cool to turn you on to that will change the way you play fantasy sports forever!
Famous Football Quotes - From the inspirational to the greatest touchdown calls of all time. We've got them!
Pro Football Hall of Fame - A full list of NFL players who have been inducted into the NFL HOF.
The Spread - Offers free NFL football predictions, matchups, stats including both offensive and defensive and more!
Fantasy Football Sites - Get recommendations on where to find weekly updated player news, depth charts and legit websites that offer the best stat and record tracking for your fantasy football league.