X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3r1f13d
    started a topic Boxing - April 7

Boxing - April 7

Why is there no line for Corrales vs Clottey? What the hell...

Taking Calzaghe vs Manfredo Jr. Over (7.5Rds = -160), just don't know for how much yet.

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Warren offered Jarmain Taylor 4 mil to fight in Whales. Also gave him the option to choose an American ref (since the last ref was obviously biased and more than likely paid off).

I think Taylor should decline. 4 mil to lose unless you get the KO, no thanks. His future is worth a lot more than that.

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    ref had big money on the under..........another joke............what next??? maybe mayweather will get beat by oscar,, wouldnt surprsie me one bit either............willie you did like it,,and yes you should have played it.........the story of my life:beerbang: what had me stumped was the line dropped from 2000+ down to 1000................. very strange............

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    ref had big money on the under..........another joke............what next??? maybe mayweather will get beat by oscar,, wouldnt surprsie me one bit either............

Leave a comment:

• BUNK MORELAND
    replied
    boy i should of played

Joe Cazaghe

Manfredo is soft

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Horrible outing for me.

At the end of my bets Friday and Saturday I broke dead even, not a penny more or less.

Just need to pick up from where I left off. I know boxing better than any other sport, but it still remains to be the hardest to cap in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Boxing Expert Predictions Are Out
    Out of 23 experts

Calzaghe vs Manfredo
    6 on the Under, 17 on Over.

Looks good!!!

Corrales vs Clottey (check this out!).
    11 on Corrales
    11 on Clottey
    1 on the draw.

Right down the middle. I've never seen this before.

Quote from a site:
    "All things being equal, if they are, then at nearly 2-1 (man-to-man) Diego represents real value for money. If we were betting this fight, which we are not, we'd jump all over Corrales."

I think we made the best choices here, by far.
    Last edited by V3r1f13d; 04-07-2007, 02:39 AM. Reason: Miscount on predictions...

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    I really don't see what they see in Clottey to make him a 2-1 favorite. I really just don't get it. He looked really good against Margarito, OK, and? Margarito fractured his hand in the 3rd round, did people forget?

Chico looked bad against Casamayor, but he was eating ice chips for 2 days just to make weight, and STILL came in over the first time around. He just couldn't make 135 anymore.

The biggest problems people have going up in weight is the power and speed.
    1) Will Corrales bring power to the 147 division? Yes, easily.

2) Will Corrales be able to hanlde puches from someone being 147. Yes. Mayweather dropped him a couple times back in 1999, and Castillo knocked him out after Castillo came in over weight and Diego once again starved to make weight and was completely dehydrated. Other than that, his jaw is above average and very far from being glass.

3) Will he handle the speed? He's not the quickest in the book, but he isn't slow either. Averge speed, but great length. Clottey is not fast, he is accurate. His shots land, but you can see them comming. Just like Tsyzu (even though Tsyzu is light years ahead of him in accuracy), but point being he is accurate but you can see them comming.

I just can't figure out why he is the dog in this fight. Clottey has some sick combo's but Chico is going to crush his right hand into Clottey's face all night long.

That's how I see it going down, and I am not even a big Corrales fan.

What I am mostly looking for is how in the hell is Clottey a 2-1 favorite and I guess let's just see what happens Saturday night because this just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by V3r1f13d; 04-07-2007, 02:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    v3 i need them both:beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Corrales, Clottey make weight!
    Three-time world champion Diego "Chico" Corrales and world-ranked welterweight contender Joshua Clottey each weighed in officially Friday at 149 pounds for their 10-round nationally televised fight on Saturday in Springfield, Missouri.
    Friday, April 6 2007

Calzaghe, Manfredo make weight!
    Joe Calzaghe weighed in at 168 lbs and Peter Manfredo weighed in at 166 lbs for their HBO-televised showdown tomorrow in front of 35,000+ at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
    Friday, April 6 2007

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Chico (+190)
    1 Unit To Win 1.9

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Neither of them have ever been KO'd, and Calzaghe is no knock out artist either. He punches in bunches.

Manfredo to fight the fight of his life, I'm pretty sure he worked hard on his conditioning. Going the full 12 is a victory in itself and he knows this.

I think it should go over 7.5 easy, unless Joe gets a hometown early stoppage.

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    willie ,something is up this line opened at -2200 now its down to -1000...........i dont care who wins as long as it goes 7.5 plus rounds:beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• BUNK MORELAND
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieP View Post
    willie i think its in wales

Manfredo Jr is way out of his CLASS here if you ask me .. No power from him whatsoever IMO and he seems to get tired real fast IMO... anyway good luck tonight ...

i will be real surprised if Manfredo Jr goes the distance here

Leave a comment:

• EddieP
    replied
    willie i think its in wales

Leave a comment:

Working...
X