• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Exactly Stu, couldnt have put it any better myself

ATP Barcelona - 3rd Round

3 * Robredo, Tommy v Calleri, Augustin - Robredo, Tommy to win @ $1.40

Robredo enters this game after having a bye in the 1st round and a comfortable win against Lopez in the 2nd round. Last year Robredo was a finalist at this tournament so he is use to the surface here and does seem comfortable. Calleri on the other hand is coming off the hamstring injury - but one worrying thing for me here is he hasnt really faced someone of Robredo's quality for quite sometime, Calleri sturggled in the 1st round against Marc Lopez been pushed to three but did make quick time against Lorenzi. I think Robredo will be too much for Calleri till Calleri starts getting a bit fitter to compete at the level he was at before his injury.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Gotts
    replied
    that Pavel should be ashamed.Pashanski is a big time stiff.losing to him like losing to wta player:surrender:

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Pavel lost 2-1
    Nieminen won 2-0 WIN!

YTD: 10-4
    Profit: +11.52

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Barcelona - 2nd Round

3 * Pavel, Andrei v Pashanski, Boris - Pavel, Andrei to win 2-0 @ $2.10

Boris will be fresh entering this game, coming off a game he won by retirement but he has been playing a lot of games with the qualifying and he hasnt been overly good on the clay curcuit in recent times as shown by his poor showings in challangers. Pavel is coming off a huge win against Stapanek a 3 set win mind you but I think in this matchup he should be able to win, he is the better player and has had success against Boris before on clay where he had a straight sets win last year.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied

3 * Nieminen, Jarkko v Seppi, Andreas - Jarkko, Nieminen to win @ $1.53

Jarkko enters this matchup with the 1-0 head to head record over Seppi. Seppi is coming off a tough 3 set match against Karlovic, I think that would have taken quite a bit out of Seppi. Jarkko enters this match after having a nice break between matches with him losing to Safin in Monte Carlo. I think Seppi could feel the effect here of playing too many games close to each other with the Qualifying at Monte Carlo and the last match. Jarkko should take this out.

More picks to come

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Vliegen wins 6-2, 6-4 WIN!
    Calleri wins 6-2, 6-2 WIN!

YTD: 9-3
    Profit: +12.93
    Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 04-24-2007, 09:02 AM. Reason: Updated Scores

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Sorry Benrik I wouldn't have a clue where Corey has gone to, just seemed to dissapear after a master series event earlier this year and havent heard from him since. Which isnt good since he is much better at capping tennis than I am.

ATP Barcelona - 1st Round

3 * Sanguinetti, Davide v Vliegen, Kristof - Vliegen, Kristof to win 2-0 @ $1.60

Vliegen is one of my favourite players on the ATP tour as most of the time he is under valued. (Although he wasnt a favourite of mine in the Davis Cup) Entering this tournament Sanguinetti has failed to get any resonable results on clay. In a Bermuda challanger he failed to get past the 2nd round something a player of his sort should be able to do. Vliegen on the other hand had a nice time in Monte Carlo by getting to the third round after beating PHM and Safin and losing out to the eventual winner of the tournament Nadal. Thats something I believe Vliegen would be happy about and I think he will come into this game with the confidence needed to win this match. Pretty easily - cant see Davide putting up a fight against Kristof.

3 * Calleri, Augustin v Lorenzi, Paolo - Calleri, Augustin to win 2-0 @ $1.75

Both of these players are coming off 3 set matches, I think Calleri will win this match as he hasnt played as mant matches as Lorenzi has gone through which is 3. 2 of which were for qualifying. I think Augustin wasnt adjusting that well to his first game back since Indian Wells but I think he will benefit from the time he has had off here before this tournament to beat Lorenzi pretty easily. Furthermore I believe Lorenzi has been playing too much Tennis lately and would find it hard to cope with Calleri.

Leave a comment:

• Benrik
    replied
    Keep up the good work, BTG. BTW, do you have any idea what happened to Corey?

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Djokovic is hopeless at times.

Djokovic loses 5-7, 4-6 (after being a break up in the first)
    Ferrero wins 6-3, 6-3 WIN!

YTD: 7-3
    Profit: +8.88 Units

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Monte Carlo - 3rd Round

3 * Andreev, Igor v Ferrero, Juan Carlos - Ferrero, Juan Carlos to win @ $1.88

I think everyone is making a big deal over Igor beating Gonzo - Igor has had the wood on Gonzo in the past, and it wasnt as much of a suprise as people are making it out to be. Juan Carlos in a way deserves to have odds like this due to his performance in Valencia where he lost in the 2nd round but I believe having the break leading into this tournament will benefit him and it has shown in his last two matches against Massu & Henman where he looked convining on his way to a straight sets win. I'm guessing Igor Andreev has a let down here after playing a big 3 set match.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Monte Carlo - 3rd Round

3 * Ferrer, David v Djokovic, Novak - Djokovic, Novak to win @ $1.57

The head to head between these two is 1-1 with Djokovic winning the last match just a few weeks ago at Indian Wells. These two have met once on clay but it was back in 2004 and Ferrer got the win there. I'm going to be banking on Djokovic to win here despite the fact he went to 3 sets in his last match. I also think he is strong enough to get a well deserved win over Ferrer.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Hrbaty wins 7-6(3), 7-5 WIN!
    Massu wins 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 WIN!

YTD: 6-2
    Profit: +9.24 Units
    Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 04-17-2007, 07:58 AM. Reason: Updated Record

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Monte Carlo - 1st Round

3 * Massu, Nicolas v Volandri, Filippo - Massu, Nicolas to win @ $2.00

Ok first of all the bad thing about this play and most likely the reason why Volandri enters as the favourite is he holds a 4-1 lead over Massu however the last time these two played was back in 2005. I believe Volandri has dropped off since then. Furthermore Volandri retired from the Valencia ATP tournament last week with a Stomach Bug. He made it to the 3rd round but in my honest opinion was lucky to get past Koubek as he retired in his game in the 2nd round. I feel that Volandri could struggle in this game as he has struggled against players ranked in the top 50 this season. Volandri has yet to beat a top 50 player this season as well. Sure Massu is coming off an injury as well, but if you saw highlights of that game he was looking great and the only real reason why he retired was 2 and half hours earlier he took 2 hours and 40 minutes to win his way in the final. The good thing from what I have read is that the trainer said there wasnt any realy muscle soreness there from what he could tell. Lets hope Massu comes out and fires up and gets the win if he dosnt fire up lets hope he retires and the bet is voided.

3 * Portas, Albert v Hrbaty, Dominik - Hrbaty, Dominik to win @ $1.70

Lets start with the good news first for this one, Hrbaty has a 2-1 head to head record against Portas however the last game was back in 2002. Portas has had to go through back to back 3 setters to get here. (1 match his opponent retired in the 3rd set which was the 1st qualifying match) Portas has recently had sturggles on the challanger curcuit and hasnt had too much go his way. Hrbaty is coming off a rather good game against a very poor opponent in a Davis Cup tie but I believe that will work in his favor as it will build up his confidence which I believe he is lacking after some poor showings this season. One thing I like about Hrbaty though is I feel the Clay court will work out in his favor he does hit a lot of power shots which will trouble Portas on Clay and I like the fact that he is also a short 6ft tall. Portas is 6ft 2 and I always have the opinion that on clay courts the advantage usually does go to the smaller player. Lets see if that mind of thought is correct today.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Thank god Monfils retired.

Soderling won 2-0 WIN!
    Monfils Retired - Bet Void!

YTD: 4-2
    Profit: +4.14 Units

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Monte Carlo - 1st Round

3 * Monfils, Gael v Stapanek, Radek - Monfils, Gael to win @ $2.15

I really enjoy watching Monfils and we saw last year just how good he can be on the clay surface we witnessed an amazing run to the 4th round in the frence open, where he managed to knock off big names James Blake and Andy Murray. Also in Rome he also chalked up some huge wins against, Hass, Ginepiri and Roddick. Stapanek has struggled to get far into the tournament when playing in Monte Carlo. Although Monfils has a relatively bad record we must note he only started to hit form just before the Frence open so I think he is more of a chance here than he has been in previous tournaments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X