Beyond's ATP Tennis 2007 Picks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeyondTheGame
    started a topic Beyond's ATP Tennis 2007 Picks!

Beyond's ATP Tennis 2007 Picks!

Ok I've decided to get back into Tennis now - Just for a bit of fun to see how I do.

ATP Valencia - 1st Round

3 * Mayer, Florian v Ventura, Santiago - Mayer, Florian to win 2-0 @ $1.75

These two have played each other once in the past in Wimbledon where Mayer was able to win in straight sets. The only thing I dont like about this match is Mayer hasnt played on a clay court since September last year. However he has been able to draw up some excellent results in the past on Clay. I refer to his perfomance in Poland last year where he went on to beat Robredo, Chela, Calleri and went on into the final to lose to Davydenko in 3 sets. Santiago has been in a numerous amount of Clay challangers recently however he hasnt drawn up any big wins to get me excitied and I dont think he will bring one on today. In Challangers Santiago hasnt gotten past the Quarter Finals stage. Expect for Mayer to be too much for Santiago.

3 * Korolev, Evgeny v Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo - Korolev, Evgeny to win @ $1.88

Odds have changed a bit to declare Garica-Lopez as a favourite now. I guess people feel like Garcia-Lopez is the better man on Clay. I disagree with this if this match was back in September last year I would've said yes to Garcia-Lopez here but Korolev in my mind has been better than Garcia-Lopez. Although Garcia had a good showing at the Indian Wells Masters. I just get the feeling that Evgeny would be entering this game with the intent of returning to better form following that horrible 6-0, 6-0 loss to Jarkko.

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Berdych won 6-3, 7-6 WIN!
    Kohlschreiber won 6-4, 6-3 WIN!
    Falla lost 3-6, 4-6
    Guccione lost 4-6 4-6

YTD: 24-12
    Profit: +18.61 (2 Games Pending)

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Gerry Weber Open - Round 2 Matches

3 * Tomas Berdych v Fabrice Santoro - Tomas Berdych to win 2-0 @ $1.61

5 * Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Aisam Qureshi - Philipp Kohlschreiber to win 2-0 @ $1.57

Stella Artois Championships - Round 2 Matches

3 * Arnaud Clement v Chris Guccione - Chris Guccione to win @ $1.90

3 * Marin Cilic v Alejandro Falla - Alejandro Falla to win @ $1.83

7 * Jonas Bjorkman v Nicolas Mahut - Jonas Bjorkman to win @ $1.40

5 * Fernando Gonzalez v Janko Tipsarevic - Fernando Gonzalez to win @ $1.50

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Stadler won 6-4, 7-6 WIN!
    Vliegen lost 3-6, 1-6
    Tsonga won 7-6, 6-0 WIN!
    Kendrick won 7-6, 7-6 WIN!
    Monfils won 6-3, 6-4 WIN!

YTD: 22-10
    Profit:+19.93 Units
    Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 06-12-2007, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Ok back after the French Open - the grass court tour is getting started now So we will see if we can find any big winners in the grass.

Gerry Weber Open - Round 1 Matches

3 * Simon Stadler v Mischa Zverev - Simon Stadler to win @ $1.66

A battle of Germans here today, Simon Stadler had to work his way through qualifying to get here, where he had a massive match against Pavel going into 3 tiebreakers. Stadler hasnt been too bad on the grass - he was a qualifier in Wimbledon last year where he lost to David Ferrer in the first. He has also forced Ivo Karlovic into 3 sets most recently in a challanger event. His opponent Zverev gets the Wild card spot here - he didnt fair so well in his first grass match of the year going down to Kendrick in straights. I feel Stadler will have the momentum coming into this game and could win this. 6/10

2 * Jarkko Nieminen v Kristof Vliegen - Kristof Vliegen to win @ $2.00

Kristof holds a 3-0 head to head record against Nieminen although none of those wins have occured on the grass. Nieminen is a proven grass player as he was able to get to the quarter-finals of Wimbledon last year and often plays very well. Vliegen is very familar with this court he made it to the Semi finals here last year and not to mention his game has made a massive improvement over the last 12 months. Which you can see with the many impressive wins he was able to rack up on the clay tour. 6/10

Stella Artois Championships - Round 1 Matches

7 * Jo-Wilfried Tsonga v Kristian Pless - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to win @ $1.33

7 * Robert Kendrick v Ernest Gulbis - Robert Kendrick to win @ $1.40

3 * Igor Andreev v Gael Monfils - Gael Monfils to win @ $1.90

Note: Sorry I didnt have time to do write ups for the queens club games - time got the better of me there.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Gonzalez lost 3-6, 5-7
    Horna wins 7-6, 6-7, 6-1 WIN!
    Hewitt wins 6-2, 6-2 WIN!

YTD:18-9
    Profit:+12.14

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Vince Spadea lost 6-4, 7-6(5)
    Kristof Vliegen lost 6-3, 6-4
    Lleyton Hewitt won 6-4, 6-4 WIN!

YTD:16-8
    Profit:+13.11 Units

Arag World Team Cup - Round Robin Matches

6 * Fernando Gonzalez v Juan-Ignacio Chela - Fernando Gonzalez to win @ $1.40

Fernando enters this matchup with a 4-3 head to head record against Chela, these two players met recently on the clay of Rome where Gonzo was able to win quite easily. Gonzalez has been playing fantastic in this tournament with 2 big wins against James Blake and Soderling. Gonzo has had an excellent time as of late on the European Clay courts - I cant see him slipping up here - even though he is coming off a tough 3 set match against Soderling. I dont think Chela's game is up to the standard of how Gonzo plays. 7/10

Hypo Group Tennis International - Quarter Final Matches

3 * Luis Horna v Albert Montanes - Luis Horna to win @ $1.61

Luis Horna suprised everyone in his last round win against Ljubicic - he was able to win in straight sets - that will give him a heap of confidence heading into this tournament. Albert Montanes had a rather easy first 2 rounds - he was versing players outside the top 100 - so it dosnt give you a true indicator of form IMHO. The head to head record between these two will indicate that it is 1-1 - However in the matchup where Montanes was able to win Horna retired. I think today Horna shows his experince on the clay courts and is able to beat Montanes in a tough match. 6/10

8 * Lleyton Hewitt v Diego Hartfield - Lleyton Hewitt to win 2-0 @ $1.40

This is the first time these two have met each other. Hewitt has had a rather comfy run though this tournament - like I said previously I believe Hewitt wants to win this tournament and he will be looking to do that. Diego has played well his win over Vince was a good one for him, however I feel like his going to have trouble against one of the better returners of serve today and with Hewitt looking better every day on the clay I cant see Diego getting a set off Hewitt here. 8/10

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Hypo Group Tennis International - Round 2 Matches

7 * Lleyton Hewitt v Potito Starace - Lleyton Hewitt to win @ $1.40

I backed Hewwy at simular odds yesterday in his first round match against Roitman, he came through - he is playing excellent tennis and the good thing for Hewitt is he is playing with a lot of confidence, his outing in Hamburg would have given him enough confidence and as long as he keeps that up he can go through to the later stages of the French. I believe winning this tournament is key for Hewitt and he knows it - it would be the best thing for him before the French to come in with a tournament win on clay. Starace shouldn't be excluded here - he has played quality tennis with big wins over Ferrero and Chela on the clay. But the thing I dont like about Starace entering this game is he comes in after playing 3 games and 1 going to 3 sets. Hewitt had a comfy run through with Roitman - I think Fatigue will play a part here for Starace. 8/10

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied

3 * Vincent Spadea v Diego Hartfield - Vincent Spadea to win @ $1.83

This game is really hard to call - it could honestly go either way - Diego is a regular on the clay court tournaments - He hasnt been doing overly well this year on the clay however - but I dont think you can count him out at all - espically after his supurb victory over Wawrinka. However Spadea - fired up in the last round and was able to get out an excellent win over Domino. I think Spadea will be confident heading into this game and thats a good thing for Vincent. He'll come out today and win this game I believe, but I dont think you can discount Diego's experince on the clay here. 6/10

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied

3 * Kristof Vliegen v Jan Hajek - Kristof Vliegen to win @ $1.50

I'm a big fan of Kristof, I know he is coming off an Ankle injury at Hamburg during qualifying but his opponent Hajek is coming off a knee injury from earlier this month. Vliegen lost his 1st group match against home town favourite Mayer (who is hitting good form) while Hajek had an easy opponent. Also the thing I like about Kristof is I think Oliver will lose his match against Berdych so I think Vliegen will force this one to doubles, which would be interesting. Also would be a big confidence booster for Kristof just before the French Open.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Thanks Dan - Had a rather good day yesterday:

James Blake won 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 WIN!
    Juan Monaco won 6-3, 6-1 WIN!
    Lleyton Hewitt won 6-2, 6-2 WIN!
    Albert Montanes won 7-6, 6-1 WIN!

YTD: 15-6
    Profit: +16.31 Units

I'll try and post tomorrow's games in the next hour hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• dananderson32
    replied
    gl on your last 2 tennis nice 2-0 start to the day

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Ok I've decided to come back to Tennis after a while - I have still been following it just not posting plays or anything. So we will see how I can pick up the game here.

Oliver Rochus lost 0-2
    Marcos Baghdatis won 2-0

YTD: 11-6
    Profit: +6.87 Units

I'm going to change a bit of the way I play my bets as well I'll give an indication out of 10 how I feel about the game to show how confident I am on the game instead of people having to rely on how many units I put on a game.

3 * Blake, James v Calleri, Agustin - Blake, James to win @ $1.90

This game is a lineball call, I can see either man winning this game. Calleri enters the game with the advantage of a 1-0 Head to Head record against Blake but that was on a quicker Indoor Hard court back in 2002. Blake lost his first Round Robin match to Gonzo, Calleri has been struggling recently with 1st round exits at Rome and Hamburg - He hasnt looked as good as he was back in late April. I cant see Blake losing 2 in a row here. 6/10

Hypo Group Tennis International - Round 1 Matches

3 * Monaco, Juan v Melzer, Jurgen - Monaco, Juan to win @ $1.72

Monaco enters this game with a 2-0 head to head record against Melzer - both matches were on clay where clearly Monaco holds a strong advantage over Melzer. However Melzer has been able to get some strong results on the clay as of late he was able to push Gonzo to 3 on a court that suits Gonzo more than himself as well as beating Gasquet. Monaco had a rather good tournament at Hamburg and you could tell the rest between tournaments benefited him alot it was a shame he ran into Fed-Ex as early as he did and was unable to beat him - but none the less he did push the eventual winner to 3 sets. I think the Bookies may be a bit optimistic of Melzer's chance here none the less I'm not going to bet a heap on this game I'll save that for the later matches. 8/10

7 * Hewitt, Lleyton v Roitman, Sergio - Hewitt, Lleyton to win 2-0 @ $1.44

Hewitt is in spectacular form he would have taken a lot of confidence from Hamburg - he was able to force Nadal into 3 sets and not to mention he had a Huge win over Davydenko. Roitman is a player you would expect to fire up on the Clay surface but recent challanger results suggest otherwise, his win over Melzer in Monte Carlo I would now consider just to be a lucky win. I cant see Hewitt dropping a set here at all - He could be a dark horse at the French as well if he continues the recent performances. 9/10

5 * Montanes, Albert v Montcourt, Mathieu - Montanes, Albert to win @ $1.30

Interesting matchup this is - Montcourt is coming off one of the biggest upsets defeating Mad Max Mirnyi, but lets face it Clay is not one of the best surfaces for Max and he has been struggling in all tournaments his entered into (Single wise) Albert Montanes in my honest opinion is a few classes above Montcourt - I believe he holds a 1-0 head to head record here. However the reason why I'm not too confident on this matchup is I know nothing about how Montcourt plays - but I'm quite confident that Montanes has what it takes to get the win here. 7/10

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    Robredo lost 1-2
    Massu retired (refund)

YTD:10-5
    Profit: +8.52 Units

ATP Munich - 1st Round

3 * Melzer, Jurgen v Rochus, Oliver - Rochus, Oliver to win @ $1.57

The head to head record between these two sits at 3-3. Rochus has not been good as of late since his injury in Miami he lost in the Davis Cup against Kohlschreiber and in Monte Carlo lost to Soderling (a loss I'm willing to forgive)
    Melzer hasnt been anything special as of late as he continues to struggle against players in the top 100. As we saw in Monte Carlo where he lost to Roitman and in Houston his lost to Zabeleta. I think the mini Oliver will do his mighty mouse impression and knock down Melzer who I believe dosnt play too well on the clay courts (going by past results)

3 * Baghdatis, Marcos v Hartfield, Diego - Baghdatis, Marcos to win @ $1.45

These two have never met before. Marocs is comming off a poor Monte Carlo tournament losing in the first round to Max Mirnyi, Diego is coming straight off Casablanca where he didnt even manage to get past the first round as well as he lost to Mike Russell (who is a talented player) I find this match could be the match Baghdatis would be looking for off a weeks break a good way to bounce back after a dissapointing Monte Carlo.

Leave a comment:

• BeyondTheGame
    replied
    ATP Casablanca - 2nd Round

3 * Montanes, Albert v Massu, Nicholas - Massu, Nicholas to win 2-0 @ $1.90

The head to head record between these two speaks for itself here Massu has a 5-0 lead over Montanes. With 4/5 being straight set wins. Furthermore Massu was a finalist here last year and I believe he will be looking to go that one step further this year, he looked comfortable in his first match against Roitman, whereas Montanes had a tough 3 set win against Udomchoke. This is Montanes first time to make it past the 1st round of this tournament. In short I dont think Montanes will be able to compete with a determined Massu today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X