• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Locked in 2 plays...

Gonzaga -123 vs Couture - 2 Units
    Randy knows this is a bad matchup for him...I don't see this one being close...GG is a powerful striker (ask cro cop), and master bjj on the ground, and is just to big and strong for the old man to handle. I love Couture, but this monster is way too much for him.

Patrick Cote +216 vs Grove - 1 Unit
    Cote takes out the overrated Grove in the first round IMO...insane value.

GL!

:punch:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Spike t.v. is going to help us with our UFC withdrawl symptoms. Big night tonight. They are showing Unleashed, followed by the UFC 74 countdown show and an All Access with Randy Couture. Should be good and I know it will get me pumped! Only two more days guys!!!!:beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    I love that you stick with your fellow countryman JML, but I have to agree with Yukon. Kendell is a hard guy to fight. He is so damn long and lanky. He is able to move great on the ground and really good with his subs. I know he left Tito's camp and Im pretty sure he is in Vegas with Randy? Could be wrong, but if he is with the natural, that makes him all the more dangerous! Cote's best chance is the stand up. He hits hard and could hurt/ finish Kendall? I think its going to be one of the best fights on the card and I cant wait to see it. Good luck, and yes, if Cote can win, it would be a nice pay out!! :beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    reppin the fellow Canadians haha...

Kendall is gonna be a hard fight for Cote... Patrick is not great on the ground by any means, and Kendall continues to look MUCH better in every fight. I do agree that Cote has good value, but I really don't see him winning. Hardonk has better value against a diminishing Frank Mir.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Take Cote. Crazy Value IMO.
    He wins that fight.

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Hell yea Yukon-
    I have heard a lot of people talking about how strong Randy's camp has been for this one. I saw some pics today of him training with Wanderli Silva! Says he will be there for the next week or so, helping get Randy ready for Gabe. Brilliant move by the natural. Say what you want about Wandy's skills lately, but the guy is an excellent fighter! Im sure his BJJ knowledge will help Randy. Wandy also said that he couldnt believe how strong Randy was! Said he was great from the gaurd and the mount! He also said that Randy's boxing is excellent as well, and that he picks Couture to win! Im already on Randy, but stuff like this just gets me even more pumped! Im counting on Randys heart and smarts to get the job done!!

How do you see this line moving guys? You think late money will come in on the champ? or do you see value in waiting? Id hate to see randy at a pick em or -110 fight night? Plus I have ZERO patience.....

My money will be on the champ! Good luck whichever way you guys go! DAMN I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    Alright... Gonzaga vs Couture

At first I thought this was a bad match up for Randy for some of the reasons you mentioned no1mike. However, seeing how Couture is the underdog right now at +120, and Gonzaga is pretty UNPROVEN if you ask me, the value lies with Randy.

You're dead on by saying Randy continues to surprise people, and I honestly think this is one of those situations where he will surprise people. Sure gonzaga is good at bjj, but if theres one thing that can beat bjj on the ground, its someone with the technical positioning/wrestling that Couture has AND applies to work with MMA. Gonzaga's standup is also largely unproven. Sure he KO'd mirko with the highkick, but crocop said it was the elbows on the ground that caused him to be dazed. Couture showed very good strategic standup against Sylvia, his best yet probably.

Couture has so much experience, he has fought so many different styles. Not to mention, one of his biggest strengths is how smart he is in the fight game. He KNOWS what he needs to do not only before the fight, but while its going on. Finally, Couture has had what seems to be a SICK training camp. Everyone has been coming to Xtreme Couture (in vegas) to train and help him train. The recent pics of Randy looks like he is in GREAT shape, big and CUT UP for someone his age.

I'm going with Couture, although this can go either way. I'd hate to see Gonzaga lose to Randy, I just don't like him at all. I don't like that he already has a title shot, I don't like how he looks, I don't like his goofy/weird face in the camera post fight LOL.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Any updated lines?

I am looking at GG, GSP & Patrick Cote. :beerbang:

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    OK Yukon-
    lets get at this couture vs. Gonzaga fight!! This is one that I can actually look at with no bais whatsoever......(NO TITO)...LOL!! My question for you and the forum is this. My brain tells me that Gonzagas BJJ will be too much! Not to mention that Randy has had trouble with big guys like Barnett, Pedro? With that being said, Randy is a FU#KING FREAK! I mean that in a good way. The man has just gotten smarter as a fighter as he has gotten older IMO. I have seen time, and time again, that Randy has the ability to come up with an outstanding gameplan, and stick to it no matter what! He is one of the best at finding his opponents weakness, and finding a way to dominate. Besides getting caught by Chuck, who even I have to admitt, hits like a damn truck, Randy has been doing his thing at a high level for a long time. Do you think that he will be able to keep this on their feet and use his great "Dirty" boxing and clinch work? I think if he can keep them up, and frustrate Gabe, he has a great chance to win a decision. Is Gonzaga the next great thing? or is my thinking clouded by that head kick of the century on Mirko? Do you think that Gabe can take randy down and keep him there, using his BJJ for a submission? If it goes to the ground, Randy should be able to wrestle him enough to stay away from subs?? The more I look at this, the more I like Randy? But I also liked him against mohawk boy II and III? Am I letting my heart outhink my brain on this one? EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO AGAINST THE NATURAL AND BET MY MONEY, HE KICKS ME IN THE NUTS! Let me know which way you guys are going. As for now, Im on Randy.....:nuts::bang: :nuts:
    thanks guys!!

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    See I'm actually surprised Mir is fighting, I sure as hell thought he was done since they gave him the commentator position with WEC.

Condit has very good striking, better than larson, and is deceptively good on the ground. His long frame lets him have a very active guard on the bottom. I gotta go with Condit, should be great though.

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Hell yea YUKON, sunday nights card will help ease the pain of my UFC withdrawl symptoms...Who you taking in that main event? Think Larson can pull it off? He sure as hell looked good with that straight left hand in his last fight. Think it was a left?? either way it was a rocket shot! Have to be honest, I dont know much about Condit so Im looking for some advice on that one. I like the WEC, love to watch the 145, and 155 guys they have. Those guys bang! Its almost like they are trying their asses off to get to the bigger shows. I have nothing but good things to say about that league! Lots of heart, Dana is a hell of a business man buying them. He drives me nuts sometimes, but you cant knock his hustle when it comes to making money and promoting this sport!

Back to your post, I sure hope Mir shows up! If he comes in shape and fights his ass off and loses, so be it. If he comes in with a gut like mine again, I think the UFC will be showing him the door.....I CANT WAIT:beerbang:
    Last edited by No1mikefan; 08-03-2007, 01:13 AM. Reason: had my fighters backwards....WTF??

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    Mir has never had very good work ethic it seems... and I don't think its a mental thing with him after the accident, he just doesn't seem motivated to be the best. Hardonk meanwhile could create a nice stepping stone out of Mir, and should be very motivated to win that fight.

Man I hope Couture beats Gonzaga. *sigh- why can't Fedor accept the UFC's offer and save us all hahah.

By the way, you guys should watch WEC on Sunday.... the debut of Paulo Filho, who is arguably top 1, 2, or 3 185'ers in the world. I truly believe they sent him to WEC so he wouldn't kill everyone in the UFC and thus have to fight his friend, Anderson Silva. Condit vs Larson is gonna be awesome, be sure to tune in!!!

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    [QUOTE=yukoncornelius;59641]
    Joe Daddy should get the win over Pellegrino. Joe just outclasses Pellegrino in pretty much every area. Joe is top 3 155'er in UFC, I'd love to see him against Florian, that would be nasty (I think Joe would rape him).

Im not a fan of Joe, but I would love to see him beat the living hell out of Kenflo! Cant stand that guy!! Hate watching him fight, he thinks his **** doesnt stink! "I finish fights" shut the F%CK up! Cant wait till he fights Joe or B.J., send his ass to the WEC! I agree with Hardonk, but I hope were wrong. Part of me will always pull for Mir. Just a damn shame about the accident! Would love to see him live up to the potential that he showed prior to it. he sure has looked like garbage lately??? Do you think its mental due to the wreck? Im sure that is part of it, but its still no exuse for showing up time after time in terrible shape....just doesnt make sense. I would love to see him get a quality win.....we will see!! Damn Aug. 25th seems like a year away, Im getting UFC withdrawl symptoms.....:bang:

Leave a comment:

• yukoncornelius
    replied
    Couture and Gonzaga is a hard one to pick... I want Randy to win because I hate GG... Crocop will beat the **** out of him 8 out of 10 times if he takes the fight seriously.

I do believe GSP beats Kos... easily? I don't think so, but maybe. Kos is very strong, his standup has greatly improved. GSP on the otherhand is an athletic freak who is stronger than Josh, slicker on the ground, and has better standup. GSP should still be champ and is the best WW still.

Joe Daddy should get the win over Pellegrino. Joe just outclasses Pellegrino in pretty much every area. Joe is top 3 155'er in UFC, I'd love to see him against Florian, that would be nasty (I think Joe would rape him).

Hardonk at +170 is the best value on this card. He trained with Rickson Gracie in BJJ, hes a great standup fighter, where Mir is not good standing and gasses quickly. Frank has not looked good at all recently and I don't think he'll ever be the same after his accident.

Patrick Cote is good value too, but I still think Kendall wins.

Roger Huerta - a ridiculous product of the ufc marketing hype machine... I'd like to see one of the cans hes been fed beat him, it almost happened last time. THis fight really pisses me off that its on the main card.

Babalu wins

Lutter wins

Clay Guida and my boy Marcus Aurelio - wow this is going to be an INCREDIBLE fight and I cannot believe it isn't on the main card. Both are very skilled. Guida has had some razor close decision losses but those don't take anythign away from him. Aurelio is a Pride veteran who beat Gomi once, and lost a bull**** decision which he should've won.. the 2nd time. Marcus has GREAT value as the +100 dog.

Pick all faves except for Hardonk, and Aurelio.

Leave a comment:

• No1mikefan
    replied
    Have to agree with JohnnyMapleLeaf, St. Piere should get the win. Like Matt Siera said "I feel sorry for his next opponent!" Too bad for Koscheck it has to be him! As a Leben fan, it will be nice to watch George knock his fricken Blonde poofy head off! Josh has improved a ton, but Im not fooled by that Diego Sanchez win. His style was just perfect to beat the nightmare, not that he was that much better? I will also have to do some parlays with Randy as a dog! As much as my head says Gonzaga and his BJJ will be too much, how the hell can you ever bet against the natural? Everytime I think he's going to get beat, he comes in with an unbelievable game plan and dominates? Going to be a great fight, DAMN I cant wait! I like Kendall Grove as well, but as we have seen, all the favorites cant win huh?? Im really interested to see Frank Mir! Or to actually see if he shows up this time. That guy had the division by the balls before that motorcycle accident. Its a shame, I root for the guy to make that comeback but he has looked terrible lately. Vera absolutely embarrased him. I have to think that he wants to save face after his last couple losses? we will see!!! :beerbang:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X