X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaveUrsine
    started a topic Why was JML banned?

Why was JML banned?

Lurked here for some time before I began to post during part of the season this year (and then just got too lazy). Anyway, I just noticed JML got banned recently. I never tailed him per se, but I did respect his write-ups and occasionally was talked out of a bad play on my part. So, at the risk of sounding like one of his "boyfriends," it was a little disappointing to see him get the boot from what I could piece together from his banning. I'll be the first to admit that there may be a lot more to the story than a pissing match between Stiff and him, but that's the way it reads to me from what's on the site currently.

During a good chunk of this season, it seemed like this place lacked from much good NFL talk (at least compared to prior years). Many of the discussion threads were anemic if not non-existent. In any event, I would think that the last thing that would be needed would be to cull the herd, particularly with a poster who actually had a track record of some success (whether it be secondary to skill or just dumb luck) and did tend to discuss things rather than just post picks.

Again, there may (and probably is) a lot more to the story than I know. I just hope that there is a good reason behind it, because the last thing I feel a forum like this needs is trigger-happy moderators banning people and locking threads left and right because of a past history of disagreements.

• joepa66
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Pimpin
    Surprised Ive never been banned here :beerbang:
    It's no fun without you anymore......your finger in the pot, applying for a new visa every week, I think your Sig line ought to read El Presidente of Amnesty International......:laughing:

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by chris View Post
    I have to admit long ago it was a great pleasure of mine to get quick all riled up. those where the good ole days nick posting games 20 seconds before they go off DJ posting 300 times in the first hour he woke up. Oh and who can forget chis when he USE TO never miss a Wichita state game. Boy have those days went away fast
    it is amazing how time has gotten away. I was thinking the other day that i believe i signed up in October 2003 at the other place.....6+ years i've been around this place...lol. Too bad that a lot of good posters and entertaining characters have disappeared along the way like DJ, Skinsfan, Boknows, DeadG (and where is beermantm??) and others don't post much like queen. Used to be lots of in-games as well which are a rarity anymore. I think after a while it gets old to a lot of people and time doesn't permit it. Plus economy tanking and killing people's disposable income doesn't help.

This year, though, chris you SHOULD be following Wichy Woman as they are finally back on the map in that conference after some down years......:thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    I have to admit long ago it was a great pleasure of mine to get quick all riled up. those where the good ole days nick posting games 20 seconds before they go off DJ posting 300 times in the first hour he woke up. Oh and who can forget chis when he USE TO never miss a Wichita state game. Boy have those days went away fast

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by yomonte View Post
    I think Quik had a heart attack going through withdrawals
    i thought he had a heart attack cause someone kept erasing his threads......:laughing:

still doesn't explain your wanting a ride home from him on his moped......:ohman:

Leave a comment:

• yomonte
    replied
    I think Quik had a heart attack going through withdrawals

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Go to yahoo search bar and type in a posters name. I've done this for years.

i typed you in YO and i got jus a trend play from SCI and another post of you asking quicknick if he could pick u up on his moped.....:dunno:

Leave a comment:

• yomonte
    replied
    Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
    what I want to know is how yo found this?

LMAO
    Go to yahoo search bar and type in a posters name. I've done this for years. For those that remeber visorman

An interview with Fantasy Bets Zone owner VisorMan

look under the question, what was your first forum. I get an honorable mention at the site he started.

Leave a comment:

• joepa66
    replied
    For chrissakes old JoeJoe needs to get out more.....I just thought Leaf was on a hiatus or something......:dunno:

Leave a comment:

• Q-Unit
    replied
    what I want to know is how yo found this?

LMAO

frequent flyer my good sir? :laughing:

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    He's awaiting trial on 2 charges of hybacthery. Its a misdemeanor and will probably get time served unless they run the 2 offenses consecutive. He'll be back soon.
    do you know if treyrod is still posting the sheet in leavenwirth.....or woolworth's for that matter?

Leave a comment:

• yomonte
    replied
    Originally posted by USFMD82 View Post
    whatever happened to Biff_tannen anyone know?
    He's awaiting trial on 2 charges of hybacthery. Its a misdemeanor and will probably get time served unless they run the 2 offenses consecutive. He'll be back soon.

Leave a comment:

• USFMD82
    replied
    I was thinking about him the other day to, I guess i missed what happened to him where he started giving people a tough time.

whatever happened to Biff_tannen anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• The Mailman
    replied
    I don't like seeing anybody banned. The bottom line is that everybody should respect others opinions. Sure, there's gonna be disagreements and that's great, but to constantly F with somebody isn't something that can go on here.

Mods are volunteers here. They're community leaders and long term guys who care about the community. None of these guys have egos. They dont' WANT to ban anybody. If they make a call, it's what they feel is best for the community.

Mods aren't into sensorship or pulling power trips. It's all about what's best for the community. That has meant that that a few guys had to go. Unfortunate, but the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• yomonte
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    and while were on it....

Why was smooth44 banned?
    this is why

smooth44's Profile - Man Looking For Men for a friend, casual dating or a serious relationship

Leave a comment:

Working...
X