X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyersFan
    started a topic Dave Niehaus dead at 75

Dave Niehaus dead at 75

dang, the baseball hits just keep coming...i mean it's been one after the other for long time guys who have been identified with cities....

first Joe Nuxhall in cincy....ernie harwell...now hiehaus in Seattle. Plus toss in Sparky and a few of the others.....

sad day for Mariners fans.....TaP to his family and Mariner nation.

by the way, 75 is too young to die....sparky was 75, Niehaus was 75...one thing to eulogize a guy like Harwell who was in his 90's but tougher IMO when they're still at that age...
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-11-2010, 02:15 AM.

• joepa66
    replied
    Like the JoePa of Mariners radio for sure......from '77 to 2010! WOW! :thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• The Mailman
    replied
    It sure brings a sad reality to light, that we must hug/tell the ones we love that we love them while they're still here.

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Rough day at my house. He's the only person outside of my Mom that I ever idolized.

Rest in peace Dave. Thanks for the memories. You will never be forgotten.
    funny because when i first saw the headline, the first thing i thought was man i bet kev is bummed.

really sucks when you lose somebody who is like "the guy" in your city (and no im not talking about guys like ocho stinko).....it's gonna be a rough day when Marty hangs it up in cincy one of these days.

just still can't get over the losses in the past year+ in baseball.....i mean steinbrenner this summer, the announcer for the yanks i believe passed away (long time voice @ stadium).....list is long...too long.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Rough day at my house. He's the only person outside of my Mom that I ever idolized.

Rest in peace Dave. Thanks for the memories. You will never be forgotten.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X