• deadheadct
    started a topic Lang

Lang

Brandon Lang

5* 564 Los Angeles Lakers

• deadheadct
    replied
    Brandon Lang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know? Al DeMarco makes the picks now but Brandon Lang still does the video and the occasional writeup. If you have been wondering why there are limited plays up that is the reason. You won't be seeing any more 530 dimes bets on the Super Bowl again, lol. Lets see how Al DeMarco does with his handicapping. Why Al likes the Lakers tonight:

"The Lakers, looking to avoid their first four-game skid since April of 2007, has won 7 in a row at home versus Toronto. This is LA’s only home game in a seven games in 12 days stretch.

Kobe Bryant, who has averaged 33.3 points during LA’s current losing streak, has averaged 43.4 points in Toronto’s last five visits to the Staples Center.

The Raptors have lost five of six straight-up and seven in a row versus the oddsmakers heading into their battle with the Lakers."

THE OFFICIAL WRITEUP:

Brandon Lang Tuesday's Selection ....
    NOTE: Winning in March.

Nothing beats winning in March, and considering I am looking for winning week # 3 in a row, I would say my opinion is right where it needs to be 9 days into this month.

Have a great feel for the conference tourney's right now and the product I am churning out speaks for itself. Simple as that.

Feel great about 5 out of 6 winning days. 7 of the last 10 winning days. 2 straight winning weeks.

Looking for more tonight. I want 6 of 7 winning days, and 8 of the last 11, and I want 3 straight winning weeks before the NCAA tourney gets here next week.

The journey for all that begins today. The first step to a winning week is to win the first day out just like I have done the past 2 Tuesdays.

So without any further hesitation, let's get the winning Wedensday and start the pursuit of winning week # 3 in a row.

5 DIME - LOS ANGELES LAKERS

I just don't see this team losing 4 in a row for the first time since April of 2007.

Off a mini 3 game road trip which saw them lose 3 in a row for the first time in over 2 years, the Lakers return home to meet the Raptors.

It all started with an OT loss to the Heat as a 5-point road chalk followed by a complete no show the next night in Charlotte 98-83 as a 3 1/2 point favorite. Then the loss on Sunday to the Magic did deliver a miracle cover push courtesy of Kobe with a pair of late 3's and a timely missed free throw by Vince Carter.

So now they find themselves in the midst of this 3 game losing streak facing a team in Toronto that is just 12-17-1 ATS on the road this year.

I truly feel this could be the lamb being led to the slaughter tonight in Hollywood.

For Toronto, even with Bosh back they flat out can't cover a number.

Over their last 10 games they are just 2-8 ATS highlighted by 7 straight non covers. I'm talking an 0-7 ATS run here folks.

The bottom line is when you start losing to the Sixers by double digits at home like the Raptors did last game out 114-101 as a 5 1/2 point favorite, I don't like your chances in LA tonight where Kobe has averaged 43 points in your last five visits to the Staples Center.

The final few nails in the coffin tonight are the fact Toronto is just 6-21 ATS following a double digit home loss and 16-38-1 ATS facing a team with a winning home record.

Watch the Lakers torch the Raptors tonight.

FREE PICK - UTAH Jazz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X