Series Predictions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series Predictions?

Where is everyone? Any thoughts on the first round?

Here are the series odds:

Eastern Conference

Montreal -400
    Boston +320

Washington -150
    Philadelphia +125

Pittsburgh -320
    Ottawa +260

New York Rangers -120
    New Jersey -105

Western Conference

Detroit -500
    Nashville +400

San Jose -380
    Calgary +320

Minnesota -135
    Colorado +110

Anaheim -240
    Dallas +200

I actually like the favs in every 1st round series this year.

Best value = Washington, IMO...

Comment

I think there are some definite live dogs here. Dallas won the season series against Anaheim, so at 2-1 they hold value. But it might be better to see if they lose game 1 and then bet, if you're in to that sort of thing. I'm not sure if Minnesota can score enough to be -135, so there may be value in Colorado. +320 on Boston? I'd take a stab at that maybe. If Thomas is hot, he can take them through a series. But Boston could fall behind Montreal pretty quickly in any game, and playing catch up against that PP unit is never good. The only chalk that is probably worth laying is Washington, IMO. Pitt -320, Detroit -500, SJ-380 will all probably win their series, but it isn't worth that kind of chalk at all. All of those teams realistically could lose their series IMO. Pittsburgh has struggled with Ottawa in the past, granted they had Alfreddson and Fischer then, but history would indicate this to be hard fought. Nashville is no walk in the park for Detroit. I'm not sold on Detroit as a playoff team this year for some reason, don't ask why, but I don't like them. San Jose is the best valued -300 or more chalk I think, but if Kipper stands on his head for 4/7 games, there's no reason that SJ can't be beaten. Not to mention that Calgary has won the last 3 match-ups between these teams.

I guess I'm trying to say that I don't like laying the chalk with any teams, but there is certainly value in dogs if you can pick out some good ones. Maybe wait until after a game 1 loss where a team looks good but still loses? No idea. I'm never big on series bets in any sport anyway :beer2:

Comment

Pulled these off Bodog, and there are some interesting props involved, just wondering what you all thought of there being any value at all. I sort of like Ovechkin to get over the 7 points in his series. I really think that series goes at least 6, with Washington winning, and the kid averaged 1.36 or so PPG, so that would put him over the 7. And if the series goes less, it's likely because Washington dominated the series, also meaning that Ovechkin probably went off. The only way he doesn't get the 7 is if the series is won by Philly and/or he gets hurt(which is possible with the way Philly likes to play). I also like Ovechkin -0.5 over Crosby. The Pens have some trouble scoring on Ottawa(especially Crosby himself), and Crosby may be taken off the PP at times during the series if it doesn't get going. It was clicking when Sykora was in there and Crosby was out, so they may go back to that if they have to. Also, the Pens main scoring line is the Malone-Malkin-Sykora line anyway. I like Drury over Briere as well. Briere had a minor injury recently that has a risk of flaring up. Thoughts?

-----

2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Scott Gomez Total 1st Round Points vs New Jersey Devils

All wagers have action. Scott Gomez Total 1st Round Points vs New Jersey Devils. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

(-115)o
        (-115)u

-
        2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Jaromir Jagr Total 1st Round Points vs New Jersey Devils

All wagers have action. Jaromir Jagr Total 1st Round Points vs New Jersey Devils. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

(-115)o
        (-115)u

-
        2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Alexander Ovechkin Total 1st Round Points vs Philadelphia Flyers

All wagers have action. Alexander Ovechkin Total 1st Round Points vs Philadelphia Flyers. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

(-110)o
        (-120)u

-
        2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Most 1st Round Points - Alexander Ovechkin vs Sidney Crosby

All wagers have action. Most 1st Round Points. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.
        Alexander Ovechkin -½ (-115)

Sidney Crosby +½ (-115)

2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Sidney Crosby Total 1st Round Points vs Ottawa Senators

All wagers have action. Sidney Crosby Total 1st Round Points vs Ottawa Senators. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

(-120)o
        (-110)u

-
        2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Most 1st Round Points - Chris Drury vs Daniel Briere

All wagers have action. Most 1st Round Points. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

Chris Drury +½ (-115)

Daniel Briere-½ (-115)

2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Evgeni Malkin Total 1st Round Points vs Ottawa Senators

All wagers have action. Evgeni Malkin Total 1st Round Points vs Ottawa Senators. Singles Only. No Parlays. Max $300.

(-115)o
        (-115)u

Comment

man.. lets get this post jumping..

i like..

PIT
          NYR
          MIN
          CGY
          MTL
          DET
          ANH
          WSH

I think the Flames will pull the big upset this year... if they can get past sanjose i like them to go all the way to the conference finals..

I would love to see a .. MTL-CGY final.. but

im gonna go with SCF-->DET-MTL.. CF--> DET-CGY CF--> MTL-PIT

Comment

Working...
          X