• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    started a topic JML Friday NHL >>>

JML Friday NHL >>>

NHL YTD: 230-198, +48.02 :thumbs:

Canucks -0.5 goals (reg) -152 vs Bolts
    I'll continue to fade TB on the road with that swiss-cheese defence and lack of goaltending. Once again, TB gave up 40+ shots against Edmonton in another road loss...the 5th straight game where they've been shelled like that. I hit that EDM game hard, and will do so again. They are really hurting on the back end, and I don't see how a fast, quality set of Canuck forwards don't do the same tonight. They'll get the 40+ shots, hopefully 4+ goals, and with Luongo in net, I like my chances. TB has nothing in the tank, and cannot compensate with 2 quality forwards for the lack of overall depth and terrible defensive play (Plus...Vinny has a sore ankle, and has been struggling overall).

Vancouver has been playing great hockey this month winning 8 of 10, scoring alot of goals, and have come together for the stretch run nicely. Also a nice spot for the Canucks, coming off a disappointing road loss in Montreal on Tuesday at the end of a long roadtrip, where they still doubled the Habs shot total, but ran into a hot Halak in what was a chippy game. They still outshot the Habs 13-3 in the last period, and were the better team late in that game, despite being at the end of a trip. That shows me something about this team. I think they bounce back at home in a big way, rested and facing the worst group of defencemen in the league.

Interesting Canucks "spot" fact... the Canucks have had exactly 4 long roadtrips this year (3 games or more) before this one that ended Tuesday, and I found it interesting that in the first game back home at GM Place after these roadtrips, the Canucks are a perfect 4-0. These include big wins over EDM, DET, FLA and MTL. Very impressive. I know some people like to fade teams coming home off a roadtrip (I know FF does), so I looked into it, expecting to be scared off a bit, and was surprised to see the Canucks dominance in this spot. With a lame opponent like TB on deck in this situation, I expect a 5-0 record in this kind of spot.

8 Units

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM.

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Kings +1.5 goals -114 vs Wings
    **** it. LA is a good team, decent on the road, and have some scoring. Wings have WasGood in net, are missing Hossa tonight, and are coming off a huge divisional win over SJ last game. I'll take LA to keep it cloe, and maybe pull a shocker...

2 Units

GL

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Blackhawks -0.5 goals (reg) -120 vs Pens
    This is mostly a spot play for Chicago, but having Crosby OUT, that doesn't hurt. He's one of the few players in the league that it really matters if he is healthy or not to the quality of play of his team. Exhibit A could be that brutal game in Long Island that the Pens squeaked out. Chicago coming off two straight losses, rested and playing at home, where they are great. Pens banged up, with personnel changes, line-shifting, sans-Crosby, and on the road, where they stink.

4 Units

Flames -160 vs Wild
    Calgary another team thats coming around, just playing solid in every way. Home ice means everything in the world in this game, as each team plays much better in their own rink, and the Flames have generally owned their division rival. Wild do not have enough scoring to win a tough road game like this IMO...and Calgary can match Minny's defensive play as well.

3 Units

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyMapleLeaf
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    ask any coach, player etc....one of the worst spots is a team coming home off a long road trip. VAN might be the exception but not a good spot overall.

GL!
    yeah...I know you believe that is a huge thing...that's actually why I went and checked, because I was looking hard for anything against Vancouver winning easily, and that was going to possibly be one thing...and I was surprised to see it wasn't. Plus I think with 3 days off after a trip, it doesn't apply at all. JMO. Still wanted to check though.

Funny thing is...my two biggest plays this year are going to be backing teams coming off a roadtrip...lol....Boston winning 6-1 last week, and tonight....lol, weird.

GL!
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-27-2009, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlyersFan
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    NHL YTD: 230-198, +48.02 I know some people like to fade teams coming home off a roadtrip (I know FF does), so I looked into it, expecting to be scared off a bit, and was surprised to see the Canucks dominance in this spot. With a lame opponent like TB on deck in this situation, I expect a 5-0 record in this kind of spot.

6 Units

ask any coach, player etc....one of the worst spots is a team coming home off a long road trip. VAN might be the exception but not a good spot overall.

GL!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X