• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akatdrake
    started a topic This here NHL January!

This here NHL January!

YTD: 0-0

As always, I play straight underdogs and have been profitable the last two years since moving from capping games to blind plays.

NYR +130
    TOR +120
    NYI +100
    WAS +100
    CAR +100
    DET +120
    CBS +150
    COL +120
    ANA +135

NHL 2011-2012: 122-118 // 50.83 % // +14.98 units (I quit in late December because of some family issues)
    NHL 2010-2011: 149-142 // 51.20% // +32.35 units (followed this strategy midway throughout the year, but total for the year with my capping was 202-186-3, +29.29 units)

So it definitely requires using a smaller percent of bankroll per bet (I use 0.5% because there can be some swings), but if I start doing well, I will up that to 0.75 or 1%).

Good luck guys. I know there aren't many NHL cappers, but I wanted to show /post that I've found straight line dogs have been well for me. You're better off if you have multiple books as you want to get the best out of these lines, but I've found it takes less time with just one book. Betus.com.pa is a great underdog book that I use.

• akatdrake
    replied
    Thursday:

NYI +125
    NAS +130

:thumbs:

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Wednesday:

MON +135
    MIN +110
    EDM +110

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Tuesday:

WIN +105
    FLA +145
    WAS +120
    DAL +145

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Bad luck the last couple of days, down a significant portion this year already. Be aware.

CAR +100
    CBS +100
    PHX +100
    EDM +110
    VAN +120

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Saturday:

COL +140
    CBS +140
    DAL +130
    PHX +115
    EDM +105

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Friday:

WIN +115
    VAN +100

Working late again, missed early games. Sorry guys.

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Thursday:

MON +115
    BUF +110
    FLA +115
    NAS +150
    DAL +105
    CBS +140
    EDM +115

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    5-3 last night, late home from work didnt get my picks in, sorry guys!

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Starting out slowly...

WIN +140
    TB +135
    FLA +130
    DAL +110
    NAS +130
    STL +105
    COL +105
    EDM +100

*GET THE BEST LINE*

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Today's:

BUF +100
    FLA +125
    CBS +105

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Another thought: it will be interesting to see how long Vegas takes to step up here. Last year the first few months were very profitable and then came back down to earth... we'll see with the lock-out and ink-rust, how teams start doing and when they're able to play catch-up. I had always thought there was SO much parity in the NHL, even moreso than the MLB (because more games = more heavy faves), I thought I would test this out a couple of seasons ago - and it tended to work for me.

Like I said, since it's a BLIND follow, I would obviously make each bet a small amount of your bankroll and certainly not weight anything that wasn't capped.

Leave a comment:

• akatdrake
    replied
    Thanks for the reminder Kevin. I'll always play the underdog, but only at plus money (IE: PIT vs NYR have both small faves, that's a no-play unless it moves). I usually do not sit around and wait till it moves (better uses of my time). Also, I eliminated dogs of +155 and higher, meaning I'll only bet the games +100 - +150.

It tends to be very streaky, but I've found it's a fun way to keep track of what hockey means to me. I'm not a big fan of the sport despite being from Minnesota (shh!) but it keeps me semi-informed regarding the league.

3-5 yesterday

PHI +110
    CAL +105
    DAL +130
    EDM +130
    PHX +100

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Looking forward to following along with this. Do you play every single underdog every day? Or do you pick and choose?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X