Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 90 - bleh, I'll post picks

Haven't posted mma picks in a while....

Great card tonight, some potentially VERY exciting matchups.

Dog values...

Clementi +190 .5 unit
    Griffin +190 - .7 unit
    Aurelio +160 - 1 unit
    ALVES +130 - 1.5 units

Clementi is more technically skilled than Gray Maynard (striking and definitely bjj) and is pretty damn good at 155, but Gray is the superior athlete with greater strength, and very impressive wrestling. I see Gray winning this fight, but i'm taking the value with Rich Clementi, hes been very impressive at 155 compared to when he was at 170.

Griffin vs Sherk - weird matchup, the battle of the short little 155 dynamos... should be a very fast paced fight. I believe griffin has the more technical striking and he is shifty enough on the ground with an incredibly strong base to overcome sherk's laying. I can see sherk winning, but the value is with Tyson

Aurelio vs Franca - Hermes is marcus' old student. Some pretty big bad blood here... hermes and american top team don't like each other. I almost regret making this wager because I think Hermes will probably win now... when you have 2 bjj guys of practically equal skill, its gonna be the guy who is stronger on the feet that wins. Hermes has serious power on his feet, altho not technical. If Marcus has slick technical striking tonight, he'll win...or if somehow he totally controls hermes on the ground. Both are slow starters tho, so its hard to guage.

THIAGO ALVES vs Josh Koschek - Alves as a dog here is quite enticing. If kos tries to stand for an extended period of time (which we know he will since he loves hands lately)... hes gonna get ko'd or hurt... should he try to shoot on alves, thiago has some of the most well timed knees in mma, should he take thiago down, alves has quite good bjj, and totally neutralized matt hughes. Both guys are very strong, I think Alves bjj and grappling combined with his strength is enough to neutralize or overcome Kos' incredibly good wrestling and control.

I have a ridiculous number of parlays that would be too much work to list.... edit: Risking 6 units in parlays

I have a running theme tho of taking - Anderson, Dan Miller, Fisher, Thales, Werdum in almost all of the parlays. THen I have mixes of interchanging the above fighters and their opponents. Of my dogs, I like alves and griffin the most.
Working...
X