Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 152: Jones vs Belfort Picks and Predictions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 152: Jones vs Belfort Picks and Predictions!

UFC 152: "Jones vs. Belfort", Sept. 22nd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight Card
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson
    Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann
    Matt Hamill vs. Roger Hollett
    Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson
    Vinny Magalhaes vs. Igor Pokrajac
    Evan Dunham vs. T.J. Grant
    Lance Benoist vs. Sean Pierson
    Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes
    Seth Baczynski vs. Simeon Thoresen
    Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel Watson
    Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke

First off, I'll be in Vegas for this card, so I won't be risking any "units" per the forum record - and my per$ unit will be much higher.

I hate Jon Jones, he's officially public enemy number one for many fighters and fans-alike. It's too bad, considering he has amazing talent.

Now that we've settled that, I like Jon Jones here with Vitor moving up in weight. However, Vitor's only loss since 2006 was versus Spider with that vicious up-kick to the jaw. But, like we've said with Rampage and Rashad - Vitor has the power to KO Jones, but will he pull the trigger if he gets inside?

Looking at the card, I do like Jones + Bisping + Oliviera parlay. Bisping is too well-rounded for Stann, even though it's a much even fight if it stays on the feet. I like Benavidez, as I think he's a dominant champion for the next few years until the division gets deeper. He's just too quick, even for other's at that weight class.

Glad to see Vinny Magalhaes back in the UFC. This guy is a BJJ expert among experts... if you see one movie on youtube, make sure to search Magalhaes vs Werdum and look for the grappling tournament. Werdum had Magalhaes in an arm-bar for well over two-minutes and would have anyone else's arm gone, but Vinny calmly waits it out and even comes back to sub Werdum. And let's not forget Werdum is considered the best BJJ'er in the sport; he's also a heavyweight, whereas Vinny is a light heavyweight. He faces Igor and will probably be a dog. Igor is a vet and will definitely have the edge standing, but if it hits the ground Vinny has it. Vinny = sub of the night is worth considering.

More later!
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X