Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC 162: SILVA VS. WEIDMAN, July 6th, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fight Card
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
    Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
    Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
    Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
    Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
    Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
    Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Dave Herman
    Edson Barboza vs. Rafaello Oliveira
    Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon
    David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce

Silva vs Weidman - lots of pros and people on Weidman shortening the line on Silva. I cannot just place a bet on that line for Weidman. He indeed telegraphs his punches, and Silva's smart enough to counter that especially. Ever since he was tested by Chael in the first meeting between the two, Silva has had a fire under his butt. Weidman might be a future champion, but he just hasn't been tested enough to face up to Silva. I like Silva by any way he wants (not an original pick, I know). But I just cannot take Weidman here.

Edgar vs Oliviera - Edgar has lost three in a row, and hasn't done much here. He has the heart, grit, chin, and pace to win this fight, but I just wonder if he's lost his value. He's a huge favorite here, and I like the +400 here that Du Bronx is getting. He poses some BJJ and striking issues to keep Edgar off balance. However, Du Bronx tends to get caught when backing up because he doesn't keep his hands up. If Edgar recognizes that and bum rushes Charles straight, it will be a quick night.

Boetsch vs Munoz - both have fared alright the last couple of years, but Munoz has some health concerns with those bone spurs. Boetsch has a chin and will outwork you if you're not careful. Munoz is not impressive at much unfortunately, so the thin line here is justifiable. In this case, I see Boetsch at +105 and will take it.

I'm interested in Siver vs Swanson as Cub is on a roll and has looked impressive, but Siver presents a lot of challenges as a high level kickboxer. However, he does tend to get caught a lot (reminds me of Cro Cop), and does get finished. With Swanson at almost 3-1, I don't want that price yet.

Interested in seeing how Leben/Craig goes, Gonzaga/Herman, Barboza and Pierce fare in their fights.

Right now:

Oliviera +400 over Edgar
    Boetsch +105 over Munoz

Both for one unit.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X