Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC on FOX 8: Johnson vs Moraga Picks and Predictions!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC on FOX 8: Johnson vs Moraga Picks and Predictions!!!

UFC ON FOX 8 - July 27th, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

Fight Card
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory MacDonald
    Robbie Lawler vs. Bobby Voelker
    Jessica Andrade vs. Liz Carmouche
    Michael Chiesa vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Danny Castillo vs. Tim Means
    Mac Danzig vs. Melvin Guillard
    Daron Cruickshank vs. Yves Edwards
    Ed Herman vs. Trevor Smith
    Germaine de Randamie vs. Julie Kedzie
    Aaron Riley vs. Justin Salas
    John Albert vs. Yaotzin Meza

John Albert comes in drained and overweight, though he makes it in his second attempt. Not good for a guy who gasses easily. Meza's UFC debut was on short-notice and vs an overmatched opponent (Mendez). Going with Meza +200 here for one unit.

Julie Kedzie has an impressive MMA resume, including taking out Miesha Tate. Germaine fairly untested and not much of a resume, though lines are fairly tight, going with the experience in both women's UFC debut. Julie Kedzie -110 for one unit.

Melvin Guillard is a fun fighter, but can fight stupid sometimes. Melvin has a great resume of fights, whereas Danzig comes at Guillard with this being his toughest test to date. Guillard says he's put on 11 lbs already (last night), and with the lines being tight, going with the experience again here. Guillard -120 for one unit.

Michael Chiesa usually has a big size advantage in his fights, but not here as he's onnly two inches taller than Masvidal. Jorge has impressed as of late, but I don't see why he's over a 3-1 favorite here. Chiesa has been impressive with his relentless takedowns and cardio. Taking the TUF Champion +230 for one unit

Jake Ellenberger knows this is his toughest test to date. MacDonald is one of those fighters people love to hate. He is no-doubtedly talented, but Ellenberger has more to win here. I think until MacDonald decides he wants to go for GSP's belt, he'll leave himself up to other fighters wanting to make a statement. Ellenberger definitely has the KO power as we've seen before, and at +200 I see more value here than in Rory.

Meza +200 over Albert
    Kedzie -110 over De Randamie
    Guillard -120 over Danzig
    Chiesa +230 over Masvidal
    Ellenberger +200 over MacDonald

One unit each.

Other thoughts: MM is the man, best athlete in the UFC and though Moraga is impressive - he struggled vs Chris Cariaso (who's a poor man's MM) and his speed and quick-twitch striking.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X