Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Fight Night 38: Hendo v Shogun 2 Picks and Predictions!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Fight Night 38: Hendo v Shogun 2 Picks and Predictions!!

UFC Fight Night 38, March 23rd, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil

Fight Card
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
    Norman Parke vs. Leonardo Santos
    Fabio Maldonado vs. Gian Villante
    Michel Prazeres vs. Mairbek Taisumov
    Rony Jason vs. Steven Siler
    Diego Brandao vs. Will Chope
    Ronny Markes vs. Thiago "Marreta" Santos
    Jussier Formiga vs. Scott Jorgensen
    Thiago Perpetuo vs. Kenny Robertson
    Noad Lahat vs. Godofredo Pepey
    Francimar Barroso vs. Hans Stringer

Even though Hendo just signed a new six-fight contract with the UFC, you have to think his fights are numbered. It pains me to say it as Hendo is my favorite UFC fighter in any weight-class, but there are too many questions on his game as of late. Oldest fighter on UFC's roster, only really one way to win. Really abandoned his wrestling in the last couple of fights, only stalking with the right hand and getting out-pointed. Shogun meanwhile in a big upset over James Te Huna last time out, is younger (but his body has been through so many wars). I don't think we'll have a repeat of what was my number two fight of all-time, but I do think we'll have a KO victory. Either Hendo gets one off early or Shogun finishes him off late. Talk about a "must win" for Henderson, if he loses 4 straight fights that is it for him.

Ferreira is a beast, but you never know which CB you'll be fighting. He tends to show flashes of brilliance but then stupidity. Norman Parke vs Leonardo Santos pits two TUF winners vs each other in a striking war as both can throw and both have chins. Rony Jason vs Steven Siler should be a fun fight with either Jason via KO or Siler out grappling Jason. Will Chope is 6'4" 145 and has a HUGE reach (9") advantage over Diego Brandao - that has to come into play, right? Brandao has a great chin and you think is going to have to get inside by eating a few? Ronny Markes weighed in at 190 and forfeits 20 percent of his purse.

Singles:

Jussier Formiga +160 over Scott Jorgensen for one unit
    Formiga has the better wrestling and BJJ, and Scotty seems slower and more telegraphing of his punches. I see Formiga winning by takedowns and in unanimous decision.

Kenny Robertson -105 over Thiago Perpetuo for one unit
    How about that slick knee bar from the rear mount position last time out? It was a bit of an oddity, but Kenny's wrestling and control was what impressed me the most.

Parlays:

Mairbek Taisumov over Michel Prazeres
    Noad Lahat over Godofredo Pepey
    Diego Brandao over Will Chope
    +120 for one unit

Gian Villante over Fabio Maldonado
    Rony Jason over Steven Siler
    +172 for one unit

Norman Parke over Leonardo Santos
    Cezar Ferreira over CB Dollaway
    Mauricio Rua over Dan Henderson
    +195 for one unit

Good luck folks. Don't mind the hedge vs my emotions on the main event :)
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.
Working...
X