CFL Week # 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL Week # 1

The Toronto Argonauts have named their starting offensive backfield.
    Sources tell TSN that the team has named Damon Allen the starting quarterback for Thursday's season opener against the B.C. Lions on Thursday.
    Running back John Avery has been placed on the 4-man reserve, making Jamel White the starter.

Should be an interesting game on Thursday since Allen always plays well against his former team. The Lions always seem to slow out of the game in their 1st few games. The Argo's for the spread might be the play depending on the line....

The Lions and Argos play on Thursday at 7:30 EDT...The Lions offence has not looked sharp yet - Jarious jackson has been their best QB.

I think there are 2 big problems here:

1. We have 2 new offensive co-ords in place and they are using a tandem system? It looks like the Qbs are having a tough time communicating with side lines and at times the play calling has been poor.

2. The 1st line offence barely got any reps as BC tried out a fair amount of rookies in the offence schemes in pre-season.

I think the Leos, being 2006 Grey Cup champions will be a good fade out of the gate here in TO as they try to regroup. Playing the Argos OTR off the top is going to be a demanding challenge. The offence lost troublemakers R. Jay Soward and Robert Baker. Adriano Belli joined the defence, which I think has the chance to be pretty good.
    I feel this will be a playoff team but I'm not convinced they are a Grey Cup threat.

I will take a hard look at the under in this game, depending on the line of course. I expect the Argos offence to take some time to get on the same page, and the Lions offence could be in the same dilemma. The Argos defence on the other hand should be ready.

Hopefully a good number wil pop up.

More later this week
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday
Working...
X