• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wednesday college hoops

BEST BETS (8-8)(-2.40 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (8-7)(+0.60 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (18-12)(+4.80 units)

OVERALL (34-27)(+3.00 units)

Another winning night last night, but not a whole lot. I went 2-3 picking up 1.70 units. I won both my best bet and strong play, but I lost all three regular plays. Things pointing in the right direction finally after a rough start. As much as I love those nights where you pick up 10 units, I can live with just chipping away a little at a time.

I am working 10 am to 8 pm today, so I am posting everything a little early today. Here are my picks for Wednesday.

Drexel -4.5 vs Georgia State (best bet)……………This one almost looks too easy to me and it scares me to death, but I am playing it. Drexel is not a great team, but at 8-9 they don’t suck. Georgia St is a bad team at only 3-11. They suck even worse on the road at 1-6, while Drexel is a much improved team at home going a decent 6-2. So to get his team at home and only laying a couple of buckets, looks like a best bet to me. Georgia St is terrible, they have lost to some real chumps this year.

UAB -7.5 vs S Mississippi (strong play)……………….Similar to above play, for many of the same reasons. This year S Miss in 8-7 and UAB is 11-5. On the road S Miss is 0-4 while UAB is 7-0. So.Miss 3-22 on road last three seasons and UAB 30-5 @ Home last three seasons. No doubt in my mind UAB gets the win and should get the cover. I am considering adding moneyline parlays to my picks thread. This game would be a perfect choice for a moneyline parlay. I love them, but don’t like laying this many points too often.

Troy -4 vs M Tennessee St (strong play)………………Troy St is probably the better team on a neautral court and at home there is no doubt they are the better team this year. Troy knows how to win at home as they are 7-1 and MTS has not figured it out yet as they are 0-5. Hard to pass up the home team only laying 4. This smells like a trap a little bit to me, but I have been playing these type of games all year and I am keeping my head above water so far.

Virginia -5 vs Virginia Tech (regular play)…………………..I like small ACC home favs. Again we have two evenly matched teams and I feel home court will make all the difference in the world tonight. I have mentioned before that I feel home court advantage means more in college hoops than any other sport. I don’t take very many away teams in college hoops.

Georgia -4 vs Alabama (regular play)………….This play mirrors the above play for me. No need to write it all over again.

Iowa St +5.5 vs Missouri (regular play)…………..Trying the Big-8 home doggie again. It worked last night with Colorado and I think ISU has a chance to win this game outright as well.

Last night I listed two games that almost made it, but I did not play and they went 1-1. My two games tonight that I almost played are Tulsa and Dayton.

Good Luck Everybody!!
Working...
X