Friday Ivy League Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Ivy League Pick

Princeton Tigers money line -310. For starters, Princeton has quietly gotten red hot over their past five games, going 4-1 and shooting over 47%, while only allowing 38% against them during that stretch. The second thing I really like about this matchup is that Princeton shoots the 3-ball extremely well at 38.1% and Harvard doesn't defend the perimeter at all. This should lead to numerous wide open 3-point opportunities for the Tigers. Third, Harvard is what I refer to as a "play even team" that shoots around the same percentage that they allow on defense. They're actually a tad below this rating, as they shoot a hair less than they allow, which puts them in a really bad spot on the road where they struggle, against a team in a venue where they've only managed to come away with four wins in twenty-three tries over the past 25 years or so. They're catching Princeton at a really bad time as the Tigers have been mowing down opponents with recent winning margins of 22, 45, 19 and 6. Even more impressive is that three of those four games were on the road!

Princeton is REALLY good at home with a 12-1 record, where they shoot over 50%. With projected numbers of Harvard shooting 40% or less and Princeton expected to shoot around 48%+, I'm very confident that they get the win here, however, I'm not a big fan of laying -7, so will be laying -310 on the money line. As much as I'd love to hammer the point spread here, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that Harvard has the potential to play even (as noted above) and despite Princeton only allowing 38% from the field over their last five and those games being on the road, we can't ignore the fact that their season average field goal percentage allowed in conference games is 44%, which could rear it's ugly head. I'm confident that they win, but feel much better wiping out the spread here and just needing to win by a point.

If you're going to tail this play, be sure that you understand that if it loses, we need to win three straight times just to break even. This is not a good long-term plan and something that is foolish of me to post for this very reason, but that's what I'm betting today.
    Last edited by BoilerBacker; 02-25-2022, 05:28 PM. Reason: Corrected the day...
Working...
X