Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier v. LB State Pic

Pics have been few and far between....2-0 YTD -- +4 units

Well, its been a rough couple of weeks to be an X fan. Wish things hadn't gone down like they did at the end of the Shootout and then the post game press conference debacle. XU made many bad decisions that day...from the starters being in the game up 23, to the shove from the frosh defending his senior PG (the least egregious, IMHO), to Holloway taunting the bench, to the AD or SID or Mack letting two 20 year olds get in front of a microphone 10 minutes after a brawl, to the comments of Tu and Lyons. Dumb, dumb, dumb. On the flip side, I think ESPN completely oversensationalized the whole thing. Holloway's entire quote was really never given. He did explain that he didn't mean thugs, but tough guys on the court. Lots of mistakes...but the media got way too much on their high horse with the entire situation. Earlier this week, ASU/USM fight with a sucker punch to the back of the head...1 game suspension...yet, where was the outrage? Guess since the game wasn't broadcasted on the worldwide leader, it never happened.

Off my soapbox. I'm not touching the side in this game. No idea what's going to happen with Holloway back and Lyons (Wells too) still out. Oral Roberts double and triple teamed Frease on Sunday....no backdoor cuts to the hoops and none of the outside shots were falling. I think Tu back will help keep LB St's defense much more honest. But I don't know HOW much it will help.

Having said that, I see best case scenario being X scoring around 65. I think it will be a close game. Worst case scenario, don't see LB St getting more than 75. And if X plays anywhere like they did on Sunday, they'll be in the 40's or 50's. At the same time, X does play very good defense. They are like 6th in the country in effective FG percentage. Like the Under here.

X/LB State U 141 -- 2 units

GL :thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar
Working...
X