A long long time ago..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long long time ago..

A long time ago when I was just a youngin' frequenting sports betting forums, I came across one of the more interesting long running threads that I've seen to date.

This dude named Rockne used to keep track of all unranked vs. ranked college football and basketball games. I wanna say that during the 3 year period that he kept track of those games, they hit at like 57%.

Granted, this was back in the day (1998) when info wasn't so readily available and bettors were a bit more green/uneducated, but I'd bet that it's still a profitable proposition long term. It''s the ultimate fade against public opinion.

I'll be out driving and think "we gotta track that in the forum someday" but I never seem to remember to do it.

I'm going to make a note to start doing this for CFB and NCAAB next season and it should be interesting to see how it goes. Now that I've jinxed it, it'll probably be a pile of crap LOL.

Anyhoo, was wondering if anybody remembered Rockne from online about 15 years ago and if anybody keeps track of unranked vs. ranked against the spread.

To clarify, he was blindly betting the unranked teams.

Have a great day Ya'll!
Working...
X