Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois at Syracuse

Illinois at Syracuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That once famous Carrier Dome home field advantage has all but disappeared for the Orangemen, and their program has gone downhill dramatically. They scored 12 points in their first 2 games this year, and don't look for them to score very much(if at all)against an Illinois defense that returns 9 starters and ranked 33 last year in total defense.
    Illinois's problem is scoring, and Isiah Williams(QB) only completed 39.5% of his passes last year for a paltry 1489 yards, although they have capable receivers. Illinois running backs will play a big role in this game, and since Syracuse lost its entire LB unit, Williams will complete a few long passes, and even more short ones. This will be the difference in this game, in my opinion. The line, last time I looked was at Illinois -12', and an over inflated 43.5. Illinois is not the best road team in the world of late, but I could not bet Syracuse even if they were getting 20 points. In my opinion, which is not always correct(although I am 3-0 this year in write up NCAA games), Illinois covers this game easily. The loss of starting QB Perry Patterson this year is the final nail in Syracuse's coffin.

"Everybody plays the fool sometimes.....there's no exception to the rule"
Working...
X