• Show
Clear All

• The rest of the bowl games

BOWL SEASON

Best Bets (3-1)(+5.70 units)
    Strong Plays (3-3)(-0.60 units)
    Regular Plays (10-8)(+1.20 units)

Overall (16-12)(+6.30 units)

Going to post the remaining three bowl games now. Part of the reason is I want to get that LSU line at 3.5 in case it goes up and I think it will after so much money coming in on Ohio State.

Saturday

Rutgers -10.5 vs Ball State (regular play)………………..This one all depends on whether Rutgers has their heads into this game. These two bowl games on Saturday and Sunday suck. How can anybody after all those New Years Games and right before the national championship game get up or care about these chumpy matchups. I am playing them, but only for one unit. Like I said, if Rutgers has their heads on straight they can name this score. They should score at least 45 points in this one and get the cover. Ball State will score some, but not enough to cover.

Sunday

Tulsa -4.5 vs Bowling Green (regular play)…………..a bit of a force for me since there is a college game on Sunday. Both teams will put plenty of points on the board, but I think Tulsa has the better defense and will give up less. Probably a good over bet, but I don’t touch totals. I see Tulsa winning this game something like 48-37.

Monday

LSU -3.5 vs Ohio State (best bet)……………Might as well close out the season with a best bet. This line opened up at 6.5 to 7 points and apparently everybody jumped on OSU. I am still not impressed with Ohio State or the Big-10. This should be a great close game. I think both teams are very similar to each other. I think the difference will be that LSU plays in the SEC and OSU plays in the over rated Big 10. I think LSU’s toughness wins them this game. I think championships are won with defense and I think both teams defense shows up for this one. Many expecting a shootout with these two offenses, but I don’t. Lets call it LSU 23-17.

What is nice is that even if I lose all three games, I will finish the bowl season on the plus side of things and that is very rare for me. I usually give back my regular season winnings in the post season. Not this year. It turns out I will have made a small profit in the regular season (63-53)(+5.10 units) and a small profit in the post season. I am not rich, but a winning season is a winning season.

It has been a fun, great college season. Thanks to all who post their insights, it has all been very helpful. See you guys next season!!
Working...
X