MLB Sunday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Sunday Discussion

We did this in the NCAA forum and it worked wonders for many...place to discuss the plays for Sunday, why you like them ,any stats, leans, opinions, anything and everything is welcome.....

Some lines that stick out at first Glance....

Marlins -118....Pitching mismatch in this one....Olsen vs. Segovia
    Brewers -119...Brew Crew coming off a loss, Capuano solid
    Padres -185...Peavy at home....
    Indians(Game 1) -170....Weaver vs. Sabathia.....ill take Sabathia
    Baltimore +140...Bedard vs Rasner....Yanks struggling
    Blue Jays -145...Halladay....

Any opinions, leans, again, feel free to discuss.....:beerbang:

which book are you on to get these early lines?? my book only puts em up in the mourning. I love the idea of doing this.
    NFL 1-0 +1.01 units

Comment

5dimes

Comment

the Jays and Brew Crew reasoning in my post. Indians will probably be snowed out again but the juice is to heavy there and the SD games.
        :bang: 1 unit = 100 CAD

NCAAF
        14-19 -1115

NFL
        4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
        1-1 0

NHL
        3-5 -175

Comment

Halladay at that price is an automatic for me..Throw out all the stats I'll take probably the second best pitcher in all of baseball at that price anytime...

Comment

Marlins -116, Segovia (Phillies) making his ML debut.
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

well

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
              Marlins -116, Segovia (Phillies) making his ML debut.
              Sometimes an unknown rookie has the advantage if he has good stuff to work with. Do you know anything about Segovia?

NCAAF
              14-19 -1115

NFL
              4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
              1-1 0

NHL
              3-5 -175

Comment

Originally posted by gladgarbage View Post
                Sometimes an unknown rookie has the advantage if he has good stuff to work with. Do you know anything about Segovia?
                can't say I know a whole lot but usually this means that the team gets to the bullpen earlier.

"Segovia went 0-2 with a 4.30 ERA and eight strikeouts this spring. He is one the Phillies top pitching prospects and could be returned to the minors as soon as Garcia is healthy."

"Segovia was once a top prospect who fell off the radar somewhat after missing the entire 2004 season following Tommy John elbow surgery and then going 4-14, 5.54 at Class A Clearwater the following year.

Even though he no longer throws 95 miles an hour, he's clearly getting noticed."
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Has it's advantages and disadvantages....low pitch counts, nerves and rookie mistakes.....advantages- no one has seen him pitch, nothing to lose but everything to gain (Quoting U-God, lol) and if the team has a solid bullpen.

Comment

seems that the public is all over the tigers today...might be a good spot to play KC, then again, Brandon Duckworth shouldnt be a starter....I think hes a starter for only ONE team in the MLB, and thats for the Royals.....

Comment

FYI the cleveland double header is postponed for today....

Comment

is there....

anyone that can give local weather reports to help with the capping of games? No website referals as they are not always accurate.

NCAAF
                        14-19 -1115

NFL
                        4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
                        1-1 0

NHL
                        3-5 -175

Comment

good question, i usually go to cbssportsline, click on the scoreboard, and read the previews for all the games, if you look to the right of the article, there will be a weather forecast for the game, including the temp. and the wind, also humidity and prec %

Comment

Working...
                          X