Maxx's 8/10 Plays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx's 8/10 Plays

The carnage continued yesterday as I've dropped almost 14 units the last 10 days. Not sure if that's due to just a natural correction from a nice little positive streak before that... or if something has fundamentally shifted. I will say most of that coincides with a week of working a ton and interrupted sleep... so maybe that had something to do with it. Now that the work schedule is back to normal we'll see if things turn around.

Also going to simplify a little and just double my units from here on out so it's easier to calculate... no more 1/2 units.

BOS -105 ML to win 2 units
    I just don't trust DET and they've struggled vs the East and on the road.... Red Sox have to win again at some point don't they?

FLA -165 ML to win 1 unit
    FLA +115 RL risk 1 unit

I actually think FLA is priced too high here likely because of momentum coming off the Phillies sweep. Either that or the books really think FLA will win and are making it costly to play them. Either way, I think HOU has come back to earth after that little hot streak.

STL -165 ML to win 1/2 unit
    STL +125 RL risk 1/2 unit
    Hedge Play: CIN/STL O8.5 -115 to win 1 unit

The over might be the safest play here as I don't think you can trust either pitcher. I'll take the guy who is still trying to help his team make the playoffs (Lohse) over the guy who maybe shouldn't be out there anymore (Cueto). Plus, asking CIN to win 2 in a row, after traveling east from SF, against a solid STL team seems a bit much to ask from that group.

COL -137 ML to win 1 unit
    COL +145 RL risk 1 unit

About the only thing that has worked for me lately is playing against the Cubs on the road so I'm going to stick with that.

LAA +115 ML to win 2 units
    Not going to overthink this one... TB stinks on the road, LAA solid at home... I'll take plus money on LAA.

LAD -118 ML to win 1 unit
    LAD +140 RL risk 1 unit

SF is tough at home, but if I can get +140 RL money on a road team as good as the Dodgers, I'll take it.
    GL Everybody!

NFL '09 YTD
    Overall: 41-33-1
    +5.4 units

CFB '09 YTD
    36-36-4
    -3.4 units

MLB '09 YTD (started 7/20)
    96-96-7
    +10.03 units
Working...
X