• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Friday 5/18

ytd 157-175 (-28.09 units)

NY Yankees -110
    NY Yanks/NY Mets over 8.5 +100

Yanks are a very patient team at the plate, and Perez has a tendency to get wild. If so, the Yanks will not go fishing for his crap and instead take the walks, or get into favorable counts and look for something to hit. Yanks also solid against LHP, although it didn't show in their last 2 efforts, and the Mets solid numbers vs LHP as well. Expecting each of these teams to get to 4 isn't asking that much, but I like the Yanks chances to rattle Perez here very much however....which is why I took both the Yanks ML and the over.

Detroit Tigers -108

Good thing a rookie is starting, or this would be -180....well or at least it SHOULD be. I don't think it matters though. Actually when a guy comes up from AA or AAA, if he's any good, it should give him the advantage early cause the other team will know little about him....plus, St Louis just stinks. Despite their offense looking a little better in LA, they still only took 1 of 3, and were shut out twice in 3 games prior to that in SD....once by a rookie making his 2nd start, Justin Germano. I am going to continue to fade the 16-22 Cardinals as long as they draw stupid lines like this, especially against LHP which they can't hit for **** (they're under the Mendoza line as a team for the season, and that's BAD).

Maybe a little World Series revenge in the minds of the Tigers tonight too??

KC Royals +150

Value bet here. I've been trying not to back bad teams like KC as much, but really, Colorado blows too....probably worse than KC, and we get a dumbass line like this? AND DeLaRosa has been every bit as good as, or better than Francis this year. I don't think homefield is worth THAT much in Colorado or anywhere else.

LA Angels +100

Santana good at home, Santana bad on the road. It's pretty simple to figure out, lol. Angels seem to be hitting pretty well too. This would be my POD if we were having the contest during interleague.

Seattle Mariners +115

The Padres cannot score, outside the occasional game where they manage to break out for like 5 or 6 runs. It doesn't matter WHO they are facing either....even if it's a guy like Batista. They made Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo and the REDS BULLPEN look like Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton, and Roger Clemens all rolled into one in their last series.

Chris Young has fallen back to earth too, as expected. He's still ok, but far from dominant. If he gives up 4, it should be plenty....and the M's have plenty of bats in their lineup to get it done. A ton of home dog value here IMO.

2 units each
Working...
X