X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday NBA Underdog Bet

YTD 22-18-0 +14.72

Taking: Sacramento Kings +2

There's a handful of meaty variables in play tonight and I think the Kings break their 8-game losing streak. For starters, Sac has had ownage in this series. The Kings have won 5 out of the last 6 vs. NY (including 2 games at Madison Square Garden) and the sole loss was only by a bucket. The NYK are in a triple whammy chemistry spot as starting PG Elfrid Payton is doubtful with a hamstring issue, which will force recently acquired Derrick Rose into more minutes (the team still isn't used to him) OR give more minutes to rookie Immanuel Quickley (nice player, but rookies are rookies and with that comes mistakes!) OR more minutes to Austin Rivers who hasn't played since the 13th. No matter how you spin it, a change in floor general is a big ding for team chemistry. This type of situation creates timing issues, players not in the right position to receive the ball and turnovers due to the point guard trying to distribute to a player who zigs when the point guard zags. Chemistry dings equal miscommunication, which leads to fast break points for the opponent.

The Kings defense has sucked as of late, but they can put points on the board. New York struggles in this category and has for many moons. The Knicks are 39-100 straight up over their last 139 games against teams scoring 106+. I fully expect Sac to put up 113+ tonight. I also like that Kings C Richaun Holmes is back in action and is likely to get a minutes boost as backup C Hassan Whiteside is out tonight and has likely played his last game for the Kings. I'm no fan of backing teams allowing 53% from the field over their last 5 games or betting on a team in an eight-game skid, but when this many stars align, we gotta roll with it. Lastly, the books like their position with Sac too... The line is +2 and isn't budging, despite over 70% of the public hammering the Knicks. It never hurts to be on the same side as the house.

Good luck to all!
Working...
X