Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Capper JoeyBallgame Week 13 picks

YTD - 35-27

Falcons +3 @ Rams: *Taking the Falcons here just because of Frerotte, and the public factor. The ATL seems to be putting things together as much as a team of their caliber can, and the Rams have looked weak on the line all year, and are once again down and out with Bulger out. I can't wait to see what a top-5 pick can do to help their team next year.

Washington -6 vs. Bills: *Sean Taylor. I know that normally tragic events result in the team not covering or winning as their minds are on other things. Without this effect, these teams are remarkably similiar. Strong Defenses, run oriented game plans, and weak quarterback play. I feel like the line would be 3 without any off the field factors. However, I just have a gut feeling that the defense will be hitting like they think Taylor would want, and will win this game on their own. RIP to a player who could have developed into a hall of fame safety. Go skins.

Minnesota -4 vs. Detroit: Can you hear Marinelli and Martz singing a Tom Petty duet? "And I'm free...free falling...free falling and I'm just free falling." Dear Purple Jesus, I believe.

Miami -1: First win motivation. Phins must be licking their chops for a win. Two rookie QB's, phins have a better D, and are home, and are hungry. I'm amazingly strong on this play considering the team I'm taking hasn't won a game in a calendar year.

Donkeys -3 @ Oakland (-125): Hate that Joe Public is all over this one, but the Donkeys look like a solid football team these days since their bye week. Love just giving a FG here. I'm playing it at -3, at -125, but will consider it -3.5 for the purposes of keeping my record.

SDiego -5.5 @ KC: Don't think SD is for real as a contender with Rivers at the helm, but KC is a full-fledged garbage pail. Revenge is a powerful motive, but more of a factor is that this team just lost to Oakland. Not the sign of team ready to play with a SDiego team that still thinks they are great.

New Orleans vs. Tampa Bay -3.5 (buying the hook here too): Tampa ain't the same team on the road. New Orleans is making a push. Garcia got a little dinged up last week. See that short passing game working all day on the turf. Playing this one in my pleaser.

Over 51 Arizona/Cleveland - This game looks like it will end up 41-38 so Anderson and Braylon probably won't play and they will lose 3-2. The overall line is extremely fishy, was going to hammer Cleveland, but public is on them to the tune of 85 percent. I think Braylon's hammy may be worse than they are letting on and this may be the reason for the line. Cleveland is clearly the better team, are an AFC team, is rolling along, and Ariz has secondary issues. May play this one anyway and F* the public factor.

Cleveland +1 - Screw it, Browns have been doing me well all year.

San Fran +3: Taking the points in the "toilet bowl". These teams are playing some of the worst football around. Giving the edge to Gore over Carr at home.

* = lean only so far.
Working...
X