Regular Plays (5-0)(+5.00 units)

Overall (7-2)(+2.40 units)

FOR THE SEASON

Best Bets (3-4)(-4.20 units)
    Strong Plays (9-2)(+13.60 units)
    Regular Plays (15-7)(+7.30 units)

Overall (27-13)(+16.70 units)

NFL WEEK SIX

What a strange week it was in week five for me in the NFL. I played ten games and only had two losses and a tie (which I don’t include in my record). Both my losses and my tie were ALL BEST BETS. Go figure. I guess it is a small miracle that I still came out on top last week. Winning almost 2 ½ units is still a winning week and for me to be this far ahead in the NFL is also a small miracle in itself. Last year I had a winning season and this year looks pretty good too. Maybe, just maybe I have turned things around in pro football after all these years of struggling. I guess every dog does have its day. One to week six………hope the good luck continues.

Houston -3 vs Miami (best bet)…………….I hate going against my Dolphins as a best bet, but you don’t bet with your heart, you bet with your head. There is a reason this winless Houston team is favored over a team that has already beaten New England and San Diego. Miami is way over-valued right now and you know that there is no way Houston is as bad as they have played. Miami is due to come crashing down and the road is where it will happen. Houston is due to put it all together and home is where that is going to happen. This play is as solid as it gets. Houston wins this one rather easily.

Denver -3.5 vs Jacksonville (best bet)……………I was going to buy this down to three, but if I am right about this game, that hook will not matter. Something is wrong with Jacksonville and playing at Denver is not the place to figure out what it is. The Jags will put some points on the board but Denver will put up much more. I really don’t think this game we be all that close. Let’s call it Denver 35 Jacksonville 24. And I don’t think the score will indicate the domination of the Broncos in this one.

Tampa Bay -1.5 vs Carolina (strong play)………………I have been saying all year that Carolina is a team to bet on this year, but this is a spot to go against them. Home field makes all the difference in this one. I just have a strong gut feeling that Tampa gets it done at home and we are only asking them to win by less than a field goal. It should happen…I hope.

Colts -4 vs Baltimore (strong play)……………..Baltimore is certainly not the team everybody thought they would be. When I first saw this line I though the game must be at Baltimore. Colts at home at this price is a steal. Colts comeback, even though they were lucky, is going to get them going where they need to be. I really think the Colts are going to bring their A-game and run away with this game. It won’t be close. Once Baltimore falls behind by 10 or so points, they will just dig a deeper and deeper hole they will not get out of. Colts 37 Baltimore 17.

The rest of these are regular one unit plays.

Atlanta +3 vs Chicago (regular play)……………..I never thought in a million years I would be playing Atlanta and only getting three points. Matt Ryan is doing a great job, he has a great running back and they are at home. It is not like the Bears are world beaters either.

Arizona +5 vs Dallas (regular play)…………I could kick myself for not taking this when it was six, but I thought it might go higher. I was wrong. I really like this Arizona team at home. I think they can beat anybody at home. Dallas continues to struggle and TO is a major talent, but also a major headache. I think Zona can win this game outright, but I feel better getting points in case Dallas gets lucky and wins by a field goal.

These next two are sort of grouped together and I of course hope to hit both, but will be happy with a split.

St Louis +13.5 vs Washington (regular play)
    Detroit +13 vs Minnesota (regular play)

St Louis really sucks. Detroit really sucks as well. I cannot think of a single reason to even bet one penny one either team. That is why I am taking both of them. Sometimes the NFL just does not make sense and I am hoping these are two of those types of games.

Oakland +7.5 vs New Orleans (regular play)………….This one almost falls into the above category, but not quite. I think Oakland is going to be like last years Miami Dolphins. I think they will have a horrible record but lose a lot of close games. New Orleans is certainly capable of putting a hurting on the Raiders, but my gut tells me otherwise.

I am leaning towards San Diego in the Sunday night game. If I like somebody, I will post sometime after 4:00 on Sunday afternoon after I get home from work.

Right now I don’t like anybody in the Monday night game, but I am sure come Monday night I will at least have a one unit play on the game.

Good Luck Everybody!!
Working...
X