Regular Plays (2-2)(-0.20 units)

Overall (5-3)(+5.60 units)

FOR THE SEASON

Best Bets (5-6)(-4.80 units)
    Strong Plays (12-3)(+17.40 units)
    Regular Plays (22-10)(+11.00 units)

Overall (39-19)(+23.60 units)

NFL WEEK EIGHT

Don’t know what is going on, but I won again last week. I know I keep saying this over and over again, but before last years winning season, I have probably lost in the NFL the past 10 seasons, and that is no exaggeration. Whether not I am good or just getting lucky…I don’t care. Just hoping it continues. Here is what I like for week number eight.

Carolina -4 vs Arizona (best bet)……………When it comes to the NFL I am not big on stats, trends and things like that. I just go by how teams are playing and gut feelings and things I know about certain teams. This line seems low to me. Arizona has a very good club this year and might even win their division, but I doubt it. To become one of the elite or better teams in the NFL you need to learn how to win on the road, something Arizona is still working on. Arizona has become very tough to beat at home, but when they pack their bags they are a different team. Carolina plays great at home and have a ton of confidence. There is something about this Carolina team that I love this year. I have bet on them several times already this season. I really think this is a double digit win for the Panthers.

Miami +2 vs Buffalo (best bet)…………….It is always scary taking a team like the Dolphins as a best bet, but I really like them this week. We all know that Miami is not as bad as last years team and will win more games this year than they did last year. Buffalo has a solid team who is greatly improved this year. Buffalo is getting way too much press and people are acting like they are the best team in the AFC this year. They are not that good yet. If Buffalo was a good as everybody says and Miami is still a team searching for answers, this line would be at least 7. The line tells me Miami is going to win this game. It is not like it would be a huge upset with it only being two points. Winning on the road in the NFL is tough, no matter who you are. There have been some crazy upsets this year already, and this one is not anywhere near what we have seen already. No shocker for me. Miami wins 23-17.

Dallas -2 vs Tampa Bay (strong play)……………I don’t care who is the QB for Dallas this week, they are going to win this game. Just like Buffalo is getting so much positive talk and I am going against them, Dallas is getting too much negative talk, so I am going to take them. Just like people writing off the Patriots and look at them. Dallas is at home and will find a way to win this game. Tampa not as good on the road either. The only reason this line is so low is because of all the bad publicity Dallas is getting. I am not going to fall for that at all. Dallas by at least 10 points.

Pittsburgh -3 vs Giants (strong play)…………………I absolutely hate the Steelers, but I am smart enough to take them this week. Pittsburgh when they have solid teams like this year, is very hard to beat at home. Even when they have had down years, they were still tough to beat at home. The Giants had a dream season last year and have nowhere to go but down. I am just not as impressed as I should be for a defending Superbowl champion team. I think on a neautral field the Giants might be the better team, but at Pittsburgh I have no doubt who is better. Worst I do is get a push in this one as the Steelers win by at least three points.

I am having a hard time finding anything else that I like this week, which is very rare for me, but I will play a few more, but just one unit regular plays.

New England -7 vs St Louis (regular play)…………….Pats playing much better than expected, but so is St Louis, but bottom line is how can you not go against St Louis on the road at New England laying only seven.

Oakland +7 vs Baltimore (regular play)…………..Oakland plays a lot of close games and so does Baltimore. Getting a touchdown in a game like this is a bonus.

Jacksonville -7 vs Cleveland (regular play)…………….Jacksonville has been a disappointment so far this year. I think they play their best game of the season so far this year and come out and beat Cleveland rather easily.

Atlanta +9 vs Philadelphia (regular play)…………Just cannot trust Philly as a big favorite. Atlanta has the QB and talent to hang with the Eagles.

No Sunday night game this week. I do like Tennessee on Monday night, but I just don’t know how strong yet. It all depends on how much the line moves.

Good Luck Everybody!!
Working...
X