Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4% - Superbowl

Well, maybe I drank the Kool-Aid, but here’s my 4%

When the Steelers have the ball – It is mandatory that the Steelers put together long sustained drives, keeping the ball away from the Cardinals offense. I keep hearing Willie Parker this, Willie Parker that, he’s got fresh legs, he can hit the line and then skirt outside for big gains. The so called experts must be talking about a different Willie Parker. The Steelers Willie Parker has only topped 100 yards 3 times in his last 10 games. Once against the Browns and twice against the Chargers. The Steelers Willie Parker only had 37 yards rushing against the Cardinals last year. The Cardinals were able to stop the Falcons with Turner, the Panthers with Williams and Stewart and the Eagles with Westbrook. What is Parker going to do that the more versatile Falcons, Eagles and Panthers couldn’t do? On the flip side, Roethlisberger has the uncanny ability to hold on to the ball and find an open receiver longer than almost any other QB in the league, Ward, Holmes, Washington, Miller and Moore out of the backfield are all quality receivers and they give the Steelers the weapons needed to hang on to the ball.

When the Cardinals have the ball – Just like with the Steelers and Parker, Edgerrin James will not be able to run the ball. The difference between Parker and James is that Arizona doesn’t have to run the ball. Hightower and Arrington are really the backs that Pittsburgh needs to be concerned with. Swing passes to the left or right will keep the Steelers back and give Warner all the time he needs. No one in the league has a quicker release. No one in the league is better at reading defenses. No one in the league has Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston. Steeler fans complained about pass interference calls against them vs the Ravens.. get the Terrible “Crying” Towels out, because the same thing is going to happen in this one.

Bottom Line – the only weakness on the incredible Steeler team is their “O” line. The Cardinals will be able to put pressure on Roethlisberger (Steeler QB’s sacked 49 times in the regular season). If the Steelers don’t get off to a quick start with a lead, it will be a long day for Roethlisberger.

The Steelers may be able to get to Warner, but he always bounces up. Key to the game will be the Cardinal receivers. The Cardinals will score early and put pressure on the Steeler offense. Can the Steeler “O” line stop the Arizona pressure? I think not. The Steelers defense has been the talk the last two weeks. The Cardinal “D” will be the MVP

Cardinals 27 – Steelers 23

Cardinals +7 over Steelers
    Over 46
    Props –
    Will either team score in the first 6 minutes – Yes -115
    Team to score first – Cardinals +110
    Total Sacks – Both Teams – Over 5.5 +105
    Team with the most Penalty Yards – Steelers -105
    Cardinals Score a TD in the first Quarter? Yes - +125
    Will the Steelers convert a 4th down? Yes - +130
    Finally – For my Wife
    Jennifer Hudson Star Spangled Banner time – Over 2 min 1 sec -155

Best of Luck – Have Fun!!
    :thumbs:
    Last edited by Silver & Black; 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Working...
X